Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Got My Back Up Against A Wall....Post Views....29,998



      Friday was my 71st B-day.  Granddaughters, Micaela and Angie took me out for B-day dinner at Olive Garden.  
While they enjoyed bread sticks and soups, I had my favorite....chicken scampi.  Yum!

A surprise delivery of a B-day gift from San Diego.  The game of Labyrinth.  We played it at Bill and Amanda's and they observed my enthusiasm.  Now I need to find folks to play it with me....Fun..


Earlier in the day a few of us ladies visited at the club house for Friday coffee.  

I brought over my souvenir  cup from the Orchas Hotel in the San Juan Islands where Nancy, Jo and I had spent a few days for my B-day last year.



Feb. 24, 2016

Such fun!  Now on to the adventures of 2017.....





Such as...getting physical, getting my back up against a wall....literally.  

    The next 6 weeks will be exercise intensive. 
Having started physical therapy for a slouching back, stiff neck and painful right shoulder the trainer has me doing a set of exercises 3 times a day and standing straight against a wall for a minute several times throughout the day.  I'm doing an hour to 90 minute session with her once a week.....hot compresses, massages, exercises, nerve stimulation and cold packs with a tingle.  Oh yah.... at each session she will add another 3 exercises to the list.  Oh yah.....
    Hopefully all this will strengthen muscles to keep spine bones in place and loosen up the tension in the right shoulder.  Lots of work now but hopefully will give me great posture,strong muscles and healthy bones as the years go by.  It is all quite tiring and a bit painful for the present.  


Sat. was a great physical day.  I got myself to water aerobics for a 40 minute workout, followed by the PT exercises.  The afternoon turned sunny, though a bit chilly.

 
Refreshing view of green grass, budding trees,small pond and snow on the distant mountains....


Great time for a 2+ mile walk......

Gram G slept well that night!



 Meanwhile back in southern WI the WI Schmidts enjoy a belated Christmas gathering.....
        
10 grand kids plus one extra minus 9 missing.   Looking good, guys!  Love ya!!
___________________________________

Sunday afternoon we enjoyed a sudden, brief hail shower...
For dinner, Kahana picked me up for "a little taste of the nations" at her church.  We had little samples of foods from various countries which we ate with little spoons.  We didn't eat the countries, just the food.  Packer backers show up all over the country.  





Kahana and fiance, Saul, with stars in the heavens for them....
wedding in June....
Congratulations Kahana and Saul!!



_______________________________

      So, on a chilly, rainy Monday it was back to physical therapy for 90 minutes, a nap in the afternoon, more exercises interspersed with Star Trek Voyager episodes I hadn't seen before.   

      Tuesday boasted water aerobics, exercises, several stands at the wall, a drive to Freddy's during a "sun break" from the rain and catching up on the blog.

    But all is not physical labor.  Plans are being drafted for a trip to Wisconsin and then family reunion here in the PNW in July.  Yeah!! 

This has been a good 4 "back against a wall" days in the life of Grandma G.  

"Therefore strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees. 'Make level paths for your feet,' so that the lame may not be disabled, but rather healed."  
(Hebrews 12:12)

No comments:

Post a Comment