Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Rain, Rain, go away....Post Views....30,853


     I woke up Sunday morning and the sun was shining!
     I realized I had a stomach ache....
     I must be allergic to the sun....

Fortunately, on Tuesday, I went walking while the sun shined. No stomach ache.   

Yeah!  Sunday was simply a 24 hour flu.

     I am now a full fledged PNW citizen.  I went grocery shopping one day in the rain and didn't even think anything was abnormal.  
     This fall and winter, I am told by the news people, has been more rainy than normal and even seasoned folks are starting to complain.  There are some landslides and the Columbia River is almost at flood stage. Where I live things are wet but not severe.  There has been some damage in hobbit town.       Either the wind, a very large beaver or someone not skilled with a chain saw brought down a dead tree along the lot line.  There are several small branches in my yard so probably the wind did it. I did hear a chain saw going for about 15 minutes. 
Happily, at least for me, some hornets lost a very roomy house. 


Unhappily for me, this greeted me as I came into my living room.  (Spider doing acrobats in the doorway.)
Even more unhappily, his big brother was crawling across the ceiling.  Will the onslaught never end? 


Here in the park we didn't do an Irish jig to celebrate St. Patty's Day, but we did fill up on corned beef, proper veggies and plenty of desserts.  




 That's a plateful for Gram G 













This time of year I am reminded of when granddaughter, Angie, almost fell off the Cliffs of Moher in Ireland about a year and a half ago.  Sure am glad for the borrowed luck of the Irish that she is still with us to stand under a PNW rainbow and on a PNW picnic table!!
Oh to be the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow..


And to dance a jig on a PNW picnic table....









So on Sunday after having gone to church service with a stomach ache and "buzzy" head, I spent the rest of the day on the couch watching profound movies...
2 Night at the Museum
2 Ice Age thrillers....
I did come across an older movie based on a true story of WWII...The Scarlet and the Black...highly recommend it.

Monday I was scheduled for physical therapy, but called to cancel because of sickness.  A number of Star Trek Voyager episodes helped me through that day. 

Tuesday morning I felt well enough to go to water aerobics, have lunch with a friend, and take a sunny, though chilly, walk in the afternoon. 


 There has been constant house construction along the side and back of our park for the past several months. Fortunately I am in the middle and away from the noise and crowding.  

I had rescheduled PT for today, Wed. but my stomach started paining again during the night....so...cancelled once again. (don't like doing that)  The exercises and stretches are a strain, but should be remedying my back and shoulder.  


     However, a slightly sick body did not keep this lady from a scheduled outing with fellow mother-in-law, Carole.  We had gift cards from Christmas that had not been used.  Lunch at Olive Garden and shopping at Kohl's. Yeah!

I bought a fresh supple of towels for my summer family guests to enjoy.

And with that, I need to keep reminding myself that it is already late March.  We are planning a Schmidt family reunion here in the Vancouver area. Grandson Tyler is staying on with me for 10 days.  I think a scouting out of southern Oregon, the Red Wood NP and Crater Lake is on the itinerary. 



This has been a good 7 "rain, rain, go away" days in the life of Grandma G.

"Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth."  (Genesis 9:16)

No comments:

Post a Comment