Monday, April 27, 2020

How Fast They Grow!!

AKA THE GEOGRAM WEEKLY
Two weeks ago on Friday, April 10, I noticed my little bird mum was fidgeting in her nest.  Later in the day when she was gone I peeked inside and saw ugly little blobs in the nest.  Over the next few days these blobs starting looking more like baby birds.  Throughout the next 10 days I observed the little family as the babies got stronger, and mum and dad would fly in and out to feed them.  Then Friday morning about 10:15 I recorded a short video as they
were bobbing around in the nest.  At one point both mum and dad were chirping at them from the porch railing.  Soon mum came in for a meal.  I went away.  Two hours later I went back to check on them... AND... they were GONE.  Just plain GONE.  As the article said; baby finches stay in the nest
14-16 days.  These were there 14 days.                       Late afternoon Saturday I went walking, listening to the noisy chirping all around the neighborhood.  I observed several little finches joyously flying around, landing here and there. I want to think that my little finch family is still hanging close to Gram G's front porch wreath nest!  I've had such a fun time observing them the past 4-5 weeks.  There are 2 disappointments. I will be disposing of the well used wreath soon.  AND, I thought self-distancing would be over about the time the birds flew off, but it seems we humans are still suppose to be nesting. 




____________________

I want to let my family and friends know that Gram G is doing just fine with social distancing..
tea party with my favorite gnomie homies....they were screened for Hobbid-19. (That is son, Al's, joke)







Ready to take on the old dried leaves in the hobbit yard!






Old tiger grass and haircut...

a great SDSD
Social Distancing Skillet Dinner....in the outback....rice pilaf,peas, carrots and chicken




 A shopping trip with proper fashion....I had a great time checking out garden needs on a sunny, warm morning.....
 Our weather has been quite nice so I get out walking almost every day...usually for 2 miles, but I did reach 3.03 one day!  


one tree has a split personality...white on one side, pink on the other....



With social distancing alone, I find it necessary for me to keep phone and electronically connected.  I've been calling friends I don't normally call.  There has been a few more Skype piano lessons. 
I've been sorting through tons of older pictures to find some for my life story.  It is easy to get lost in memories and more pictures!
______________________

One of my grandsons just started a job with a company that does maintenance on high structures....such as cell phone towers....He is about as high as one can go!  He's getting up in the world!!

I found this photo of him while I was searching through pictures.  Adventure is in his blood!
He is studying a book titled 
How to Stay Alive in the Woods
Speaking  of woods....I promise you my rabbit story next GeoGram Weekly.  It is a bit lengthy for me to write, but worth waiting for.  

Check out chapter 4: An Unfamiliar Life on my page, "I Will Not Leave You....
________________________ 

I pray that you all are coping well, or at least well enough, with our self quarantining.  I admit that it takes some meditating and praying for me before I can get out of bed, knowing that the day will be good because our God is good!



This has been a good GeoGram week in the life of Grandma G.


"I [Jesus] have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace.  In this world you will have trouble.  But take heart!  I have overcome the world."  (John 16:33)

No comments:

Post a Comment