Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Self Distancing....week 6

AKA THE GEOGRAM WEEKLY




This has been a "discombobulated" week for me. I was happily surprised to find that it is a real word, meaning confused and disconcerted. (Now, what does disconcerted mean? Unsettled or confused....oh)
I think that is the experience of many people these days. Unsettled is probably the best word.  I found myself not able to make decisions on how to invest my time, should I change out of my pajamas, when and what to eat, how to turn off programs, do I really need to clean up my messy house, what day is this?  Stuff like that.  
So now I am working on combobulating my life.





Combobulate. New Word Suggestion. To put together in order. To bring something out
of a state of confusion or disarray.


 Sunday night, April 26, I stayed up later (or earlier) than I have in many moons...1:30AM PDT.  Oh, Ya!   
 I had a good Sunday; virtual church service, 1 &1/2 hours pulling weeds in my yard. In the evening I watched part of A Knight's Tale (a very entertaining movie) while  sorting through a ton of old pictures for my blog and story.  Then came the work of finishing the blog and my story.  I also had to remedy a technical glitch that erased some photos on the blog. Anyway, I fell into bed at 1:30 AM....almost felt like a night on the town...
________________________


Late March and April, I worked on a secret project for granddaughter, Angie.  Now I can reveal it since she opened her B-day present recently..a digital album of fun times last autumn, mostly of the Washington coast.  Here's a brief virtual tour... 


























Evening view of the I-5 bridge across the Columbia River between Vancouver and Portland  Sept. 18, 2019











































Peace and tranquility as far west as one can stand on land.....


The most beautiful and longest lasting sunset I have ever seen!!  Monday evening,Sept 30, 2019


                          The Washington Peninsula...
(photos by Gram G)
__________________________   
I pride myself on being a good cook and I generally like eating my cooking.  BUT...every now and then I come up with a food flop...I had some cooked quinoa (left over from cabbage rolls awhile back) to use.  I found a recipe using cabbage, quinoa, sweet red peppers with a peanut butter/soy sauce dressing.  To me it wasn't as yummy tasting as it sounded.  I did make a few ingredient substitutes.  Could be what made it a food flop.  Could be part of discombobulation....I made myself eat about half.
____________________

The combobulated part of this week was learning how to, and then organizing a family zoom meeting!! Throughout the week I zoom-visited each family individually as I practiced connecting with them.
On Sunday we all had a great almost hour zoom party from west coast to east coast with 3 stops in Wisconsin!  I think we all crave connecting with each other and being assured everyone is alright!





Some connected a little later than others....

Kitcat made sure I was learning correctly....

one grandson stayed in bed


some didn't know which way was up...
Vancouver and Ocean Beach folks were happy to see others...

one lounged on Icloud next to the Golden Gate Bridge...

Gram G filled in for the White Rabbit....





                                 

Gerry was simply beside himself....

________________________
Tuesday, Cinco De Mayo....


went for a walk and happened upon a senior
adventure....
the path not yet taken 
 It runs along the Burnt Bridge creek right next to the main street.  I noticed a couple coming from that freshly cut path.  I shocked  and scared them by boldly asking, without wearing a mask, where the path leads to. They were not wearing masks... Before making a quick get away they said back around a set of storage units.  The fellow did give a friendly encouragement to walk that way. It was probably a half mile of nature with a
pond full of water plants and a few ducks, just after the bend.  It was a fun trek, though I was a bit leery of coyotes in that area.   
Later in the evening....
a Cinco de Mayo party for 3, with taco dip and corn chips...
I had to study this cartoon that my daughter-in-law sent out...it is very punny....


I hope your week has been combobulated!


This has been a good GeoGram week in the life of Gram G.


"Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap."(Ecclesiastes 11: 4)

No comments:

Post a Comment