Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Self Distancing Week 8




AKA THE GEOGRAM WEEKLY....

     This week (Thursday, May 14) started out a bit unsettling.  I've been watching too much news, real and false and reading too many virus related articles, real and false. I felt a bit like the world was caving in on me.  And what will the future bring?  I called a friend and after chatting for almost an hour I felt better.

Question:  What have you been doing lately?
My response: Virtually everything.

Thursday was also the 54th anniversary of my 
wedding to Lou.  That did not contribute to the uncertainty.  Though we divorced at 44 years I still relish the family we raised.  





My favorite picture of our young family....


Family in Sept. 2019 with Lou's urn.










___________________
Friday was a new day!  In the morning,  friend Megan came over to social distance, bringing me flowers and lemon poppy seed muffins.  We visited in the
back yard while conversing about many things.
















In the afternoon friend Kahana and baby Pomai came over  to socially distance walk around the neighborhood.  She blessed my heart by stopping frequently to snap pictures of flowers and decorations!

















_____________________________________________________

Saturday was a great day for a 3 mile walk and to check out some of the local wildlife. I think it's a well fed stray.



















_________________________________________________


 Sunday, I was up before 9 AM and the cloud show was worth the getting up!




The most graceful cloud formations I have ever seen!  I can see the angels' wings as they are swiftly gliding through the sky!                      

                                                                                               Can you find the angel in the clouds?
                                                                                           






I sat on the back deck with my morning tea and soaked in the beauty of God's creation!

 Welcome to my back deck outdoor living space!



















Stop in and have a sit with me sometime!


My little finch community likes to sit in the tree tops.  The fellows sing heartily, hoping for a sweetie!  Maybe there will be another new family yet this spring.....

________________________

Monday was the 40th anniversary of the 
Mt. St. Helen's eruption.
(internet picture)


I still find it intriguing to commonly find rocks and stones full of volcanic "pits",  little holes.  


 We've been having a lot of rain the past several weeks.  But also "sun breaks".  Tuesday evening we had a lovely sunset break!






Wednesday morning I went to pick up a couple tortilla chips I dropped on the kitchen floor last evening and neglected to clean up.  Under the smaller one was a black heap of crawling creatures.  They for sure were not practicing social distancing!!

Check back in a week for the next chapter of my life story!  Find out about life in Park Falls, Wisconsin.


This has been a good GeoGram week in the life of Gram G.

"At that time people will see the Son of Man [Jesus] coming in clouds with great power and glory." (Mark 13:26)

No comments:

Post a Comment