Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Beam Me Up Scotty....

AKA THE GEOGRAM WEEKLY

A Wonderful Mother's Day!

I enjoyed a very pleasant Mother's Day.  I went for a walk around the neighborhood at 9 AM before the heat set in. The park was livelier than I have witnessed in many weeks.  Folks were cutting grass, repairing steps, walking, riding bikes, one fellow was loading a moving van, some were chatting with self-distancing, birds were chirping.  The only problem was that I was walking in kilo meters rather than miles. How did that happen?

Here's a bit of PNW loveliness and cuteness....



























These white flowers always remind me of a candy I liked growing up...they were chocolate wafers with little white round candies on top.  Can't eat them now cause the little white round candies would get stuck between my teeth...how about a promise of Christmas to come?



The church I attend was back to drive-in service that morning.  Though I didn't go I watched live-streamed after my walk..

Later in the afternoon I drove over to Deb's where Angie hosted a Mom's Day BBQ for the family. It was a great time of outdoor visiting. We made a perfect 10.
(Saturday I made potato salad and chocolate chip cookies to take over....made me feel like a mom again:)




__________________________
The pink, super moon Wednesday and Thursday nights.....The air was warm, the frogs croaking.  All that was missing was a lake and you....












I signed up for a free month of CBS Access.  I can catch up on all the past years of Star Trek adventures that I have missed.  SO....don't you dare ask me what I have been doing. There is a lot of space to cover in one month's time.  Live Long and Prosper/Beam me up/Watch out for the Dominion/Stay Away from the Borg/shut down the EMH/Where no man (or woman) has dared to go....

I need to get a hair cut....my hair has already added 2 lb to my weight....

All my family are well and thriving.  I pray that is the same for you....I do pray for those I know....
I sense a rain gutter cleaning job coming up this summer....



I was scheduled for a home visit to Indianapolis in late May/early June.  That has been postponed until late October.  I am still planning a 
Gram G/grand daughters trip for early August.... 
_________________________
I have an old album from the early to mid 50's that belonged to my Aunt Emma.  I have been studying it for pictures to include in this next chapter of my life story.

CHECK OUT CHAPTER FIVE: UNCLE MIKIE'S... ON THE PAGE:
I WILL NOT LEAVE YOU.   IT IS PRINTED IN BLUE TO FIND IT QUICKLY










This has been a good GeoGram week in the life of Grandma G.

"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword?...No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.  For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in  Christ Jesus our Lord."  Romans 8:35-39

No comments:

Post a Comment