Sunday, May 31, 2020

OF Earth and Space...





    AKA THE GEOGRAM WEEKLY

I woke up at 6AM Saturday thinking I was back in the Midwest.  For at least 20 minutes lightning and thunder rolled through, powerful enough to rip the sky apart. Washington very seldom gets thunder or lightning.  Mid afternoon they rumbled through again.  
(photo: lightning strike atHaystack Rock,  5:45AM 5/30/2020...picture taken by Oregon Beach Connection)

At 12:22 PDT I witnessed history being made as our two astronauts launched from America to the International Space Station on the SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket funded by  private enterprise.   


This is exciting and appropriate for me as I am coming off a month of space exploration with Captain Archer on the spacecraft, Enterprise.
It is probably good that I'm done with my adventures in space. Thursday I discovered this lovely creature on my deck wall.  I saw an ambassador from a far away galaxy, dressed in his elegant robe ready to signal his antennae to make first contact with me! (He was there most of the day...and then I forgot about him.)  This is absolutely marvelous...the camouflage complete with the black streaks and specks found on the siding! We have a wondrous God!
__________________________

 Saturday, May 23 Jake and Keys came over to clean out the rain gutters...   


This was much needed as an 8 inch plant was growing there....


Inside, Deb and Micaela helped wash walls that have lacked cleaning for almost 8 years. We finished 2 rooms. My project the next several weeks is to wash all my inside walls, which is the entire house...hopefully.





Wednesday, I went for a late evening walk.  The day had reached into the high 80's but the air was cool at that time as dusk was setting in.  The park was quiet and empty except for an occasional person quietly doing their thing.  In the distance I heard a faint high pitched barking sound that may have come from a coyote heading out for dinner. It was a restful, relaxing time, though I so startled a young rabbit nibbling in my front yard, it left a puddle on the sidewalk.   


Thursday's temperature rose to 90. The morning was cool and sunny so I spent time working a bit outside.
I came across a green frog posed against a boulder.....well, for perspective, he's the black dot in the shade of the right foot of Mr. Gnome. They are tiny tree frogs that sound like creatures from a rain forest.  Oh wait, we are classified as a temperate rain forest...Oh My. 

 Rain drop jewels on the succulents.  
Snails finding their way to wherever they are going.....





I was suppose to be in Indianapolis for Memorial week.  I called my sister there to see if I arrived.  I didn't, so I guess I didn't make it.  Planning now to visit there late October.  I have a trip with granddaughters coming up in August.  I am counting the weeks!

What does one do on a totally rainy, self isolating, talking to no one Saturday?  How about homemade turkey pot pie with homemade butter crust?  Haven't made pie crust in years...it was a bit messy and satisfying.  Don't know if I like the butter version or the good ol' lard one.  Very yummy....



Check out Gram G's story, Chapter 6, 
the Park Falls Years, Part One on page,
I Will Not Leave You...Chapter 6 


This has been a good GeoGram week in the life of Gram G.

"He [God] has made everything beautiful in its time.  He has also set eternity in the hearts of man; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to the end."  Ecclesiastes 3:11

No comments:

Post a Comment