Wednesday, June 4, 2014

An "Off" day, turned Good......Post Views...11,515

    This day started out "off".   I have been tired since my piano program on Sunday.   You would think a successful experience would invigorate one.  
_______________________________________
Sunday Flashback......

      I had my first full length program of my original music.  There was a small audience of 10 ladies.  My performance went well.  The ladies liked it.  They will speak complimentary about me to others.  Since Sunday a few people said they did not realize that I was me....that the piano player was me. Two ladies discussed my picture in the newsletter....one thought it didn't look like me, the other lady thought it looked just like me. They would have come; said I should have tooted my horn more.  Also our monthly calendar had the time at 1 rather than 2 PM.  Also, also, it was June 1 and a beautiful day to be outside. 
     I was content that I performed well and messed up only a few times.  I will do another program in September with a larger audience.  I will.  Might even find other venues that may generate some income.    
My first cozy, friendly audience.... 
 



      This week was planned out last week to be a "fun" week after working hard on getting my program together.  I can't remember what filled up Monday other than sleeping in a bit, laundry, dishes, a toothache, putting music equipment away, trying unsuccessfully to call family in Indianapolis, struggling to figure out Face Book a little more, doing stretches for an hour and heading off to bed for the night.   
     Tuesday was scheduled for a "get a bunch of nuisance business stuff done".  I was really tempted to skip water aerobics, but "good habits" and health craze dominated and off to aerobics I went like a good lady.  Good thing I did.  First Tuesday of the month is movie day. (Tuesdays is $5 movie and $2 popcorn.  Woo! Hoo!) The one selected for this month was Belle.  At first thought I said I didn't think I would go (since it was my day to "get a bunch of nuisance business stuff done").  But I had heard good reviews of the movie  and this is suppose to be a "fun" week.  And I do like to socialize.  SO....I hurried home to get cleaned up, ready to go by 11:15.   I am glad I went.  Belle is the most wonderful, quality movie I have seen for a very long time.  Highly recommended by Grandma G. 
      After returning home it was off to Freddy's for Senior 10% discount day.  Wanted some new summer Tshirts and potting soil along with a few flowers to plant.   Needed to hurry since there was one piano student scheduled at 5.  Turns out I wouldn't have needed to hurry because he and his grandma didn't show up.  
     Come 6 PM it was time to veg out in front of the TV (interrupted by dashes to the kitchen to cook some supper).  Tuesday night is my TV night....Deadliest Catch, The Little Couple and The Duggers.  All in the same evening.   
      Which brings me full circle to this "Off" day....Wed.   It was one of those "off" mornings when it is easy to complain, be tired, be worried about whatever there is to worry about, be unsociable, not "feel well".  One dear 81 year old  lady has "tea" on her porch every other Wed morning at 10:30.  She invites me to come.  I didn't really feel like going though she is a very nice person and I will not be here for her next "tea on the porch" in 2 weeks.  (But I did have a dentist and a chiropractor appointment for mid and late afternoon besides wanting to plant my new flowers in my just bought potting soil.)  I did go.  There were four of us.  We sat on her porch with the weather cloudy and chilly.  We talked about how smart kids are these days....how I learned to read with "Dick and Jane and Spot" and now at that same age they are reading helicopters and gingerbread men, and probably a whole lot more; about how to unclog drains with baking soda and white vinegar instead of Draino....and how the plumbing in the park seems to have lots of troubles; about attending a Red Hat's "fairy picnic" in early August...one must come at least wearing fairy wings (over one's clothing).....it's a bit weird, but not as weird as one might be tempted to imagine; about a friend who is 88 years old and still dancing the hula; about how Spam is a favored staple of Islanders who live in the area.  We talked of other things as well, including gardening and creating a rock garden to cover up an old tree stump. I was glad I attended Nancy's tea.  She retired from working when she turned 80, a year ago.  
      I cancelled (rescheduled) the dentist appointment until Friday morning.  Sunny afternoon to plant flowers in my newly purchased potting soil.  Yeah!


   The start of landscaping my pebble back yard.....

    with a couple hours in the sun and pebbles I was done with any productivity of the day.   The evening TV stint sucked me into 2 hours of "Return to Amish".  
    So this "off" day turned quite good and uplifted my attitude....until the Amish thing, anyway.  (Don't know how many of you watch the silly reality show, "Alaskan Bush People".  I tried, but couldn't endure it.  Last night I dreamed they all showed up at my house.  Yikes.  What are you doing here?)  

    This has been a good 3 "turned good" days in the life of Grandma G.

     "But I a like an olive tree flourishing in the house of God; I trust in God's unfailing love for ever and ever."  (Psalms 52:8)
  
      

No comments:

Post a Comment