Thursday, June 12, 2014

San Diego Once Again....Post Views....11,629

       It was time to leave Vancouver once again and find my way to San Diego.    That isn't too difficult when one lets the plane do the finding.   
 
 Leaving Portland.....

Mt. Hood....




      
                        
                            Coronado Bridge and San Diego

     I had one predicament while in PDX.  My Iphone was working fine before I went through security.....I observed there were a few messages.  AFTER security my Iphone was completely black, no matter what I tried to do.   I panicked a bit because I was suppose to call Bill when I get into San Diego.  What to do?  What to do?   
      Since I had an hour I decided to use my computer to email three of my kids, figuring one of them could send a "Mom's got no phone" text to Bill.   That was worth a try.   
      Landing in SAN I still had a black phone window.   Figured I would get my luggage, head outside and see if Bill shows up for me. I saw where there were phone available.... in case he hadn't got the message.   Yeah!  He did.  He was pulling in just as I was lugging 2 suitcases, a computer bag, a purse, a sweatshirt, a bottle of water and me out the airport door.  Yeah! 
      Later at lunch he went "on line" and found someone had come up with the suggestion to press both the on switch and screen button at the same time.  That did it!! Thank you to someone out in cyberspace!
      I was thinking I was meant to have a timeless day since earlier in the morning when I went to put on my watch it was "not working".  Battery must have quit.  
 









A lady and the Coronado Bridge......
 








A  bit weird, but interesting....








    After lunch by the beach Bill and I drove around Coronado Island.  Then met with Gerry who whisked me off to his house in Carlsbad.  Gerry drove me to see the places where the recent wild fire had scorched segments of the hillside.
 






Jude's school....untouched by the wild fires.....

Thursday morning I enjoyed a couple hours at the beach.....









A daddy and son..... 

    A little fellow learning to surf.....

   

     Reaching for the sky.....


   After all that sun and early morning, a two hour nap is just what Grandma G needed before going to dinner with Gerry and family. 

Dessert Time..... 
Gemma and hot chocolate
chip cookie....  



Jude and Grandma G are heading over to Indiana on Saturday......








This has been a good 2 San Diego days in the life of Grandma G.

"O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth.  You have set your glory above the heavens."  (Psalms 8: 1)

No comments:

Post a Comment