Saturday, June 7, 2014

The Grand Floral Parade.....Post Views..11,594

     
AKA.....what a way to watch a parade......
(A senior travel trip adventure into Portland)


        I didn't know you could watch a parade passing through indoors.


 A salute to our military.....National Guard....



 A horse walking backwards....
        really....

Dragon and Lion Dancers.....


              Alaska Airlines Float....and dancing Flight Attendants....


"Horse path"....
     Best part of the parade was being among people who are getting to know you (me).  Second best part was being "lost" for only about 10 minutes.   I got separated from my groupies and didn't know how to locate them. After some confusion, searching, asking a parking attendant and returning to the entrance of the coliseum one of them spotted me.  (I didn't tell them I lost sight of them when I stopped to take a photo of a garbage can.) 

Later a lunch of a delicious salad made life all better....at least for me...
spinach, strawberries, blueberries, sweet onions, candied pecans,grilled chicken  and goat cheese   



Floating homes....

One of several bridges

 SALE BOATS ON THE COLUMBIA RIVER AND
        CLOUD DECORATED MT. HOOD.....

   This has been a good Grand Floral Parade day in the life of Grandma G.

   "Jesus said to him, 'Today salvation has come to this house, because this man, too, is a son of Abraham.  For the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost'."  (Luke 19: 9 & 10)

No comments:

Post a Comment