Friday, June 27, 2014

Back Home Again....Post Views..11,797

WITH LOTS OF MEMORIES OF CALIFORNIA
      I arrived back in "the Couve" (Vancouver, WA) early Wednesday afternoon.  I had been gone 2 weeks, traveled a loop from Vancouver, to Portland to San Diego, to Carlsbad, to LA, to Atlanta, to Indianapolis, to Minneapolis, to LA, to Carlsbad, to San Diego, to Portland, to Vancouver.  Time to rest awhile....
     It always takes a few days to refocus when I get home...let my head know where I am and in what time zone and weather zone..... 
     I am glad to be home, but I may be traveling again soon.  Upon landing in Portland there was a text from son, Al, in northern Wisconsin.  Louie, my former husband, is needing triple bypass surgery and mitral valve repair.  Also needs to have dental work done before they will operate.  I, along with the kids, want to be there with him the day of surgery.  Can't make plans until a surgery date is set.
     Upon getting back to Vancouver I needed to pick up my little SUV from the shop that had patched up rust spots and cleaned the inside.  I had a voice mail from the owner on Monday saying he was gone on vacation this week, but someone would be there to assist me in getting my vehicle.  No one was there and the door was locked when we arrived.  My vehicle was in a garage with the main door closed in an open yard.  After some waiting around and some discussion with grandson, Zach, a neighbor business man came over and gave us "permission" to take the vehicle with my promise of coming in on Monday to pay the owner. Minor dilemma resolved. 
     On Friday I had a new experience---a professional massage. I've been doctoring with a painful right shoulder.  The doctor recommended a series of massages to break up scar tissues.  I was a bit apprehensive, but the session was fine and only a little painful.  Today I am rather lazy....guess that is part of the after effects.  Hopefully, this will be a new therapy that I will rely on.

PHOTO MEMORIES OF CALIFORNIA.....

VIEW OF PACIFIC OCEAN
NEAR GERRY'S




 OYSTER BEDS...
     
GRILLED SALMON 
AND STEAK.....YUM!





SELFIE AND SUNSET....



This has been a good 2 "back home again" days in the life of Grandma G.

"From the rising of the sun to the place where is sets, the name of the Lord is to be praised."  (Psalms 113:3)

No comments:

Post a Comment