Wednesday, May 6, 2015

A Garden of Remembrance....Post Views...18,007




 Our Jarosinski family was shocked with a sadness on Sunday, April 22.  My 48 year old niece, Angie, suddenly passed on after an infection of less than 24 hours.  She had been struggling with Multiple Sclerosis for several years, yet that wasn't the direct cause of her death....an abnormality of a medicine port.  
    I was sad not to be able to attend her memorial service on Wednesday in Indianapolis. (I will be traveling there the end of May.)   Yet the Lord enabled me to mourn and reminiscence through peaceful previously scheduled activities here in the Pacific Northwest....events that I think would please Angie.   
   
      On Tuesday evening I was working in my little backyard garden, thinking of Angie and my Indianapolis family when I realized I was hearing a lovely chirping somewhere high in the neighbor's tree.  It took awhile to pinpoint the singing as it was flitting through the branches but then I spotted a little bird atop the swaying tree....It was as though Angie had come to happily announce that she was free from her crippling and could soar to wherever she wanted to go....she came to checkout the PNW and Grandma G's garden....    




     On Wednesday, four of us ladies from Creekside Estates drove to the town of Silverton, OR.  We ate lunch at the Creekside restaurant which sat on a cliff at the edge of a clear, full creek.... 








Later we drove and walked a short hike to view beautiful Silver Falls....


  


   Thursday our Red Hat ladies visited the Lilac Gardens near Vancouver.  I was amazed at the number of  Lilac varieties that thrive.  Though most were past their optimal blooming, a walk through the gardens showed us many other lovely flowers.   























Friday and Saturday I was blessed to view magnificent Mt. Hood while I attended a ladies' retreat near the base of the mountain.....  


       
 Today I noticed a colorful Hydrangea display at a local store.....



And purchased....







An angel solar light for the entrance to my backyard garden....
In remembrance of and love for  niece, Angie......
"Goodbye for now, Sweet Angie.  I love you!  We will meet again in the Lord's presence to hang out forever!"

        This has been a good, though grieving, "garden of remembrance of Angie" day in the life of Grandma G.

     "Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life.  He who believes in me will live, even though he dies'."  (John 11: 25)

     

No comments:

Post a Comment