Saturday, December 5, 2015

Green Cleaning.....Post Views...21,220



AKA.....
The Terrific Trio
Strikes again....

On Saturday Jo, Nancy and I headed out to the Columbia Springs Environmental Center to attend a short class on "green DIY cleaning". 


    But not before a short detour.  Jo had asked me to look up directions to the Center.  I did and made some brief notes.  The location seemed simple and Jo and Nancy had been there before. So I thought.   But they hadn't.  Jo thought the written directions didn't make sense so she drove opposite of what I had written.  I don't know the area well enough to object.  On we drove until I figured out how to bring up maps on my phone.  It showed us driving away from where we should be.  We stopped at a hotel in a nearby town.  (I still don't know how they came up with the hotel.) The person there headed us in the correct direction....back where we came from.  We enjoyed a drive along  "Old highway 14" paralleling the Columbia River and arrived at the center 10 minutes late.  In true PNW fashion the session hadn't yet begun. 

(DIY---Do It Yourself)


We learned many things about what chemicals do to the environment and to us....
Also learned how to mix homemade safe cleaning products......


Some one passed around a sample of a nut used for laundry soap.  
Might look into that someday...











Toward the end we were instructed how to make "green" furniture polish from oil, white vinegar and fragrance oil.  





     Grandma Scientist at work.....









Sorry....
 a momentary mad freak out.......
                               Better?
Time to head home and start PNW green DIY cleaning....

Fish hashery

Little house under the bridge....
    Back into town for lunch....                                                                                                               
 And a brief stop at an old fashion  Christmas bazaar 
 












Finally home to practice a long winter's nap.....3 hours.....

This has been a good "green cleaning" day in the life of Grandma G.

"Cleanse me with hyssop and I will be clean; wash me [Lord], and 
I will be whiter than snow."  (Psalms 51:7)

No comments:

Post a Comment