Friday, December 4, 2015

Oh, the Leaves!!....Post Views.....21,186

AKA......the benefits of the neighbor's leaves....

    Tuesday, December 1, was a mild day and a break in the rain.  After this day rain is in the forecast for the next 10 days.  It is time to attack the piles of leaves in my hobbit garden and yard. Yes, leaves.  I have no trees in my yard.   BUT...the neighbors do.  The wind has a way of blowing them out of their yard and into mine.  The tricky part is the married couple who lives there heads out to Arizona in late October until spring.  The bachelor brother lives there through the winter.  He is a computer nerd (a good thing these days.), shy and allergic to the outside.


With the first day of December comes thoughts of Christmas.  Change of season for hobbit garden.  Away with the pumpkins, scarecrows and leaves. Time to ready for winter, while enjoying Christmas music.


Armed to round up and rid the leaves.....
 Class 101 in PNW gardening....plaster stepping stones are not designed for moist, damp ground.  These are breaking and crumbling from the recent rain saturating the yard.  So much for bargains....
8 need to be replaced.  (I have found some on computer shopping....designed for wet ground and come with free shipping!!  Should be in soon.)   



 Also discovered it does get cold enough to freeze one's pond.....




 Grandma G's treasure from the Salvation Army to prepare for Hobbit Christmas village.
It's starting to look a little like Christmas......a new bird feeder



     While working away on my knees and aiming the handy-dandy leaf blower I found myself a bit annoyed that I am out cleaning up the neighbor's leaves.  Not quite fair.  I decided to think about all the blessings involved.  Here are a few:
1. The weather is mild. 
2. This is great exercise. 
3. I am well enough and strong enough to be outside experiencing this great exercise. 
4. I can enjoy the shade of the neighbor's trees in the summertime.
5. I am working outside while enjoying listening to Christmas music. 
6. The Lord has given me a great little house and yard in a friendly neighborhood.
7. I have time to be outside....don't have to show up for a job.  
8. Feels like I've been on an outing by the time the work is done. 
9. I will sleep well tonight.
10.  AH.....living the Pacific Northwest dream....


Welcome Christmas season.... 

Time to drink from the 
Merry Christmas cup.... 



AND  deck the halls.....

This has been a good "oh, the leaves" day in the life of Grandma G.

"Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves.  Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others."  (Philippians 2:3 & 4) 

No comments:

Post a Comment