Monday, December 28, 2015

Three Days of Christmas..Part 1.....Post Views...21,636

Christmas Eve day was time to do a little baking.... 

I made the best ever apple pie.  I know I did because the recipe said so.  The bottom crust dough was bought, but the rest was homemade. 
I had gone to the grocery the day before.  I felt a bit foolish because even after 60 years of baking I had to ask what is the best pie apple.  The produce attendant said, granny smiths.  I haven't baked with them and I consider them sour.  Eventually I decided on 5 granny smiths and 5 gala.  Top that with a crumble topping mixed with a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg.  Nutmeg makes everything yummy....Yep, the best ever apple pie.  Debbie said so.

This was also time to get out an old trusted friend... Homes and Gardens New Cookbook , been with me 50 years.....a wedding present, I think.  Found my favorite powered sugar tea cake recipe.  




        And mixed up some peanut butter kiss cookies....yum!!

(When the kids were still young I remember we would bake cookies for days...especially the cut out and frost ones.  No call for that these days. Was fun.)

4 0'clock here was time to call Indianapolis which was 7 PM there. Gotta let them pass me around by phone to wish a number of my family a Merry Christmas.  

Christmas Eve tradition....
tacos and presents at Carole's (Keys' mom) and Frank's 


I've always wanted to be the center of attention.....
(Frank)
The Christmas Eve Gang......




Gram G tradition.....sleep-over at the Millers.....

This year help Jake decorate the tree while Micki wraps gifts.....






Merry Christmas morning....

Angie, Debbie, Gram G, Micki, Bentley



Mom G present from Debbie and daughter, Angie.
For Christmas and 70th B-day

Paid for trip to Cancun....Woo!




Angie's Fiesta starters    

 Embarrassing....I'm not girl



 Packer Backer....

Presents for Keys and Deb.....






Double perfect presents from Angie Miller and JJ......

Aye, Maties, is this what I think it is?



 Do you know how many years I've waited to be.......





......Accepted into Star Fleet Academy???

Look what else we have for you.....

a selfie stick....
double perfect presents.....










  This has been a good 2 Christmas days in the life of Grandma G.

"The Lord has made his salvation known and revealed his righteous to the nations.  He has remembered his love and his faithfulness to the house of Israel; all the ends of the earth have seen the salvation of our God." (Psalm 98:2 & 3)

No comments:

Post a Comment