Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Back in the Couve....Post Views...23, 741

   
  I have been home here in Vancouver...the Couve...for a week.  I have traveled so much this year already that I have to think about where I am, how long I have been here, where did I just come from, how did I get here, how long do I get to stay, am I really a pogo stick in disguise?
     Angie and I left San Diego in sunny weather and other than returning to rain Tuesday afternoon, we have enjoyed sunny, warm weather here in the Couve as well.  Well, that is until today, Tuesday, it is raining.  But it is suppose to be short lived and sunny warmth will blow in on Thursday for another 5-7 days.
        Last Wednesday I ventured out for a 2 mile walk.  Our bright pink plum blossoms have morphed into plum colored leaves.


Mt. St. Helen's can be seen as I walk.  She has a fresh covering of snow.


Hedges are  clothed in white blossoms that make them look like they are dressed for a wedding.

Maroon tinted leaves on a tree in my front yard



Reds, Blues and Greens....Oh My!!
A bush who's colors make me think it should be the skirt of an old time colonial ballroom dress. 

I have not grown tired of walking along and gazing at the splendor of the PNW outdoors.  

I did feel a twinge of guilt as I thought of the snow that was falling in northern Wisconsin this day.

       Thursday and Friday were so warm and sunny I had my first spring lunch on the deck. 
Oops, the sun is so bright I need to raise the umbrella.
Cleaned off winter stuff from the deck.  
Ordered a "yard waste" container from the city so now I have someway to dispose of yard waste.  (Past blog posts tell of "Whatta I do with this stuff?")

             I read on the news the other day that one needs about an hour of moderate exercise everyday to live a long life. I would like to live a long life, besides gaining endurance for the coveted senior hiker status.  Sunny days are made for walking....
Present goal is to get comfortable with 3 miles....then 4.  
___________________________________________
      All good visits must come to an end.  And so it has with Flat Mimi.  Tomorrow she will
catch the postal train and travel back to her home in southern Wisconsin.  
     I made a photo report of some places we went and things we did.  


She got sunburned from laying in the San Diego sun too long....

Thank you, Flat Mimi, for coming to visit your Grandma G.

This has been a good 4 "back in the Couve" days in the life of Grandma G.

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; but I [Jesus] have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." (John 10:10)

No comments:

Post a Comment