Sunday, June 2, 2013

A Plethera of PNW.......




  PNW living has gotten so interactive I've had no time to blog!  Yeah!  Not that I don't have time to blog, but YEAH that my roots are starting to get.....rooted. 
 
    Friday I was scheduled to see a podiatrist to find the cause and learn of a cure for my painful right foot.  But.... shortly before the time to leave my doorbell rang.  Two ladies walking by noticed (a perk of "park" living) that the back left tire on my car was low.  Not wanting to drive very far not knowing how that tire was going to behave I stopped at a nearby car repair shop.  Several hours later I had missed the podiatrist appointment and had spent $1,227 on 4 new tires, back shocks, front CV joints replaced, a promise of an alignment, and the discovery that the floor of the front passenger side was 90% rusted through.  AH, Wisconsin salted roads.   OH, and WA license plates.
MOUNTAIN MAMA GRANDMA G


RETIRED TO HANG ON A WALL IN MY HOUSE
 
 
      Saturday was the unofficial start of summer---June 1.  What better way to celebrate than to do water aerobics, laundry, sweep, vacuum, give a large artificial fern plant a bath, and wipe up ALL the floors.  ALL the floors, except for one, are pressed wood.  WHOA!  That's too much like work.  Nice to have clean floors. 
         But, come 9PM all was at rest to watch my first Starlight Rose Festival parade telecast from Portland.  The Rose Festival goes for 2 weeks. 
 
          On Sunday, after a blessed church service, I was invited to a BBQ  at the pastor's home.  Got to experience "Islander" cuisine and great socializing.


    "Smoothie" of ripe bananas, half & half, Sprite and ice,   YUM....
 
       What's better than one afternoon party?   Two parties. 
Jake's 12th B-day was May 29.  So we had a gathering at Deb's.  Also watched the movie, Impossible.  The story of a family of 5 torn apart during the 2004 tsunami--the incredible happening of them finding each other still alive.  Must see movie.


     
   Jake will have his 12 year old Grandma G trip in July.  We are going to Oconomowoc to hang out with Wisconsin cousins. 
 
     This has been a good 3 plethora of PNW days in the life of Grandma G.
 
      "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."  (John 10:10)     
         


No comments:

Post a Comment