Saturday, June 29, 2013

The Misadventures of Grandma G.....

     I can't believe that I haven't posted for 4 days.  Grandma G must be either turning into a Grandma or is getting really involved in life in VC or just utterly disorganized.  At this point I don't know which. 
     Actually, between healing out 2 gnarly molars (on the right side of my mouth) and a neuroma in my right foot and almost healed out pulled right shoulder I don't know if I am still in my right mind.  I can declare that because I am left handed and science has proven that we lefties are in our right mind.  Don't know if I can say that about righties. 
      I think Wednesday I moped around not feeling well all over. 
    Thursday was a better day once I decided to get ready to join the Red Hats on their adventure to the Japanese Gardens and rose gardens in Portland.  It felt good to get my mind off of achy molars.  OOPS.  No beautiful, flowing, plume covered red hats on excited ladies were to be found at the club house.  Only my friend, Nola, was waiting there.  Turns out that the two of us DIDN'T get the memo that the Red Hat adventure was cancelled because it looked like rain.  RAIN?  REALLY.  Since when did that become a concern in Portland?  Nola resigned herself to return home to pull weeds.  She is 79 years old. Young, actually. Had been a California mountain resident and skier just a few years back.
With a little suggestion we agreed to do our own adventure since we were already dressed up.  So it was decided that AFTER we change out of Red Hat attire we'd head to Ft. Vancouver for a lunch in British style. And then a walk through the fort.  It was a British fur trading fort in the 1800's.  During WW II  some of the buildings on "Officer Row" were used for war strategy centers.     








 
___________________________________________
 
      Friday I stayed in my air conditioned bachelorette pad to escape the 90+ degree weather.  I had to venture out to get an insert inserted into my shoes and to a chiropractor appt.  Then it was on to the mall to look for new traveling shoes that would be roomy enough for my new inserts.  That took awhile and I don't know if I've found anything. 
      Today, Saturday, Debbie invited me breakfast with her and Angie and a drive into Portland.  And then it was for lunch since the day was getting away from her.  And then it was downtown Vancouver since the traffic was too congested going into Portland. Debbie, Angie, Micaela, Jake and I met for a lunch at an Italian café. 
      I went on to a few stores.  Found out that folks go ape over fireworks out here.
 
 
  It is 11PM and there has been a steady boom and bang of fireworks in the neighborhood the past hour.  I don't think they are coming from my little 50+ village.  If so, I need to go find those rocken folks and join the adrenalin rush.
I think I will get a job at a flower shop. 
 
       We are in the middle of a heat wave here in the PNW.  The temps are to hover in the 90's the next several days.  It is probably time for a trip to Wisconsin.  And that is what I will be doing come Monday morning. 
        I have been busy this week preparing for a message I am giving at our church service tomorrow.  It has been a good experience for me.  I feel like I have written a term paper.  (Don't know if that is what they are called these days.)  I will let you know tomorrow how I did.
 
       This has been a good 4 "misadventure" days in the life of Grandma G.
 
       "Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring forth."  (Proverbs 27:1) 

No comments:

Post a Comment