Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Mt. St. Helens.......

 
 
WHY I MOVED OUT TO THE PNW......
 
       I moved out to Vancouver, WA to answer the call of the wild.....senior lady style.  There are so many places to visit.  And that I did on Tuesday with the 55+ travel.  A day trip to Mt. St. Helens.  There was a threat of rain in the forecast but the day was beautiful  with sunshine and mild temperatures.  Though at the peak the wind was strong and cold.  There was still snow on the mountain.  They say come July or August that will be melted.  
 
 AS CLOSE AS I WILL EVER GET TO A VOLCANO 





                             SMALL WILD FLOWERS RETURNING  

 


ASH COVERED ROOF OF VISITORS CENTER










  SPLINTERED TREE TRUNK ON DISPLAY



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
DISTANT VIEWS OF THE MOUNTAIN







 OBSERVE THE STEAM COMING FROM THE BUILDING CALDERA
 __________________________________________________________________

     I am amazed, though not happily, how quickly I forget what happened a day or two past.  At this point your guess is as good as mine as to what I did on Sunday---other than attend a refreshing church service. 
     Monday, after sleeping in a bit Deb picked me up at the car repair where I dropped the car off for.......MORE REPAIR WORK.   Hard to believe, but that is true.  I think the rest of the day was leisurely spent not doing much.  I did enjoy a half hour walk without much foot pain.  Yeah!
   Tuesday was a full, fun day of senior travel to Mt. St. Helens.
    Today, Wednesday, I do remember.   An appointment at the dentist which ended with a recommendation to get back to the periodontist for a deep cleaning of an upper right molar ASAP.
(Guess what I am doing Friday morning?)  
    Angie came over early afternoon. After having lunch at Sweet Tomatoes we headed to the mall---through alternating sunshine and downpours--- to see a movie.  Man of Steel.  It was quite entertaining.  A modernized story of Superman. 
    So now after Bible study and a little piano practice, it is catch up on Blog time. 

     This has been a good 4 "involved in VC living" days in the life of Grandma G.

     "Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed, says the Lord who has compassion on you."  (Isaiah 54:10)

    


No comments:

Post a Comment