Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Senior Dental Challenge.......

  
   Monday was a mildly traumatic, yet victorious day.  I had to find my way to a dental clinic on the other side of the city.  I am still insecure about driving in unfamiliar territory.  But found the way alright in about 25 minutes.  The area of town is called Salmon Creek.  The dentist has never been a favorite place for me to go.  Experiencing it at a new dentist in a new part of town raised my senior anxiety levels a wee bit.  The fun part is that I am going back next week for some "deep cleaning"---heavy duty, extreme in the roots cleaning.  Come join me.  

  
       Tuesday morning was a welcome time of ladies' water aerobics and hot tub soak time.  AHHH.....
Socializing in the hot tub is where it is at for us senior ladies---hot soak, good conversation, latest goings on, where to plan one's next trip, stories of yesteryear, and struggles to remember what we were talking about. 
       The weather has been very warm and sunny. Need for the air conditioner.  Great for an evening walk,
Roses all around
Portland is the Rose Capitol of America
 
 
       Between Tuesday and today I finished up dishes that were meant to be washed on Saturday and also finished the cleaning and dusting left undone over the weekend.  Now, the challenge is to keep an orderly senior household.  I use to blame my messy house on the kids, but now I figure it was me all that time.  (I think the kids did contribute to the mess.)
           I actually was a bit sick today with headache and stomach ache, so puttzing around the house was a challenge.  This evening at Bible study I found out there are others not feeling well.
 
         This has been a good 3 "tending to business" days in the life of Grandma G.
 
         "A cheerful look brings joy to the heart, and good news gives health to the bones."  (Proverbs 15:30)

         

No comments:

Post a Comment