Thursday, June 13, 2013

The Mighty Adventures of Sissy and Grandma G......


                                                                           
  
        A funny thing happened on the way to Trader Joe's.  I abruptly obtained my Washington driver's license----after a mere 9 months delay because of "fear of the unknown".  But that was Wednesday's  adventure. 
 
       Tuesday started the days of mighty adventures.  After a late start--I worked on the blog; Sissy slept in until noon--- we headed out to "tool around".  First stop (after a quick turn into the mall for Sissy to meet with a couple friends) was to a local credit union to establish an IRA to transfer funds for me from Wisconsin to here.  We had an informative chat with the tellers and then proceeded to fill out necessary paperwork.  Got that done!  And further info on how to complete the transfer.  One step closer to being an established senior lady citizen of the PNW. 
      Then is was onto an early salad dinner at Sweet tomatoes a little across town. 
      Time for after dinner entertainment!  At a local theater. (If you are in the PNW don't declare you are "going to the show".  It's "the movies"
                                                                                                                 


 WHAT BETTER WAY TO VIEW.........

 IRON MAN 3
 
       Finally its time for home and root beer floats

____________________________________
 
 
       Wednesday I started the day with making pea soup while Sissy slept a little later.  A phone call from her mom sent her to the grocery to buy ingredients for Chinese coleslaw and then a brief drive to deliver the made up salad to her work place.  That gave me time to finish the pea soup before our afternoon of "tooling". 
       We headed out with the plan of a leisurely shopping spree at Trader Joe's a bit to the south of us. But....on the way we came across the WA DOL.  I was telling Sissy that getting my WA driver's license was on my "must do very soon" list.  So we swung in just to make inquiries of what that involved and would I need to take a driving test.  Sissy was all set to coach me on that. 
       Turned out all they wanted was a check from me.   And proof of my WI license, a quick eye exam and mug shot.  And I am transformed into a Washington citizen.  In and out in 15 minutes. 


 

 











          Ever so quickly it was time for my first WA driving test.....
 AT TRADER JOE'S

          We found several healthy grocery items to buy before heading back home to cook supper "in" that evening.  Sissy made a trip to her house while I cooked pasta and stuffed chicken breasts, with salad and previously made, frozen carrot cake. 
          She left for home around 8PM with a promise of coming on Thursday morning for one more important adventure. 

GRANDMA G HAS GONE TECHY.......
 
OUT WITH THE DINOSAUR PHONE

AND IN WITH THE NEW HIGH TECH......
 
       I will never, ever get lost again.....unless I lose my handy dandy do everything smart phone, or drop it or forget to charge the battery.   Great photos are coming soon.
       Word got around to my children within the hour that mom has gone mad----I mean modern.  Burt sent a text message---"Test text message from Burt" Mom reply: "What are you testing? Speed?  Accuracy?  Intelligence? Correct mom?" Burt reply: "Comprehension" Mom reply: "WHAT?  I don't understand."  Burt reply: "Test completed"  Seems the smart phone is smart after all. 
 
PERFECT WAY TO END MIGHTY ADVENTURES.....
 

A SERVING OF DEEP FRIED PNW ASPARAGUS....
 
       This has been a good 3 " Sissy/Grandma G mighty adventures" days in the life of Grandma G.
 
       "But Ruth replied,.....Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay.  Your people will be my people and your God my God." (Ruth 1:16)



       

No comments:

Post a Comment