Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Looking Forward......Post Views.....12,783

     We received good news that plans are being made for Lou to move on to an extended care facility for more therapy and then on to Burt's home in Wausau.   Yeah!!
      Lou is still weak but is up more and walking more.  His breathing is labored.  Doctor says it is from fluid on the lungs.  His biggest challenge is liquids seeping into his lungs.  He needs to strengthen his swallowing muscles. 

       He had a special visitor today......Chase, a therapy dog, a mix of collie, shepherd, and husky.  It was a fun experience.  Beautiful, large dog.  His owner said he showed up on her porch when he was only a few months old.  


















      
At one point today I was sitting, working on my computer when a nurse came in.  She said to me, "Oh, excuse me, I didn't know we had an intern observing today."   I said, "that's OK, you aren't bothering me". (Smile)  Actually I admitted I am family and keeping Lou company.  She commented I look professional.  Made my day! 

    Since we are hoping to be moving on soon I present an assortment of "local pix".      


A pretty walk down Upham St.














Grandma G's
home for the past 15 days....
medical facility down the street....










 Water tower--



       Wisconsin corn.....
a few blocks up from the hospital
 Blue sky and wispy clouds
Time to think about flying west....warm sun, but crispy, chilly air.....

       Yummy wild rice chicken soup....






The past 15 days have passed well and quickly.  Lou has me waiting on him occasionally, including shaving his face....first time I have shaved anyone.....






              And I've had a few "bad hair" days....





     This has been a good two "looking forward" days in the life of Grandma G.

     "'For I know the plans I have for you', declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future'."  (Jeremiah 29: 11)

No comments:

Post a Comment