Saturday, August 30, 2014

PROGRESS!!......Post Views,,,,12,869



      Wednesday brought us good news that Louie would be discharged on Thursday to an inpatient rehab in Wausau!  Yeah!
     He got busy writing----make that, dictating to me---a letter of appreciation to the Marshfield staff, especially his surgeon.              Al stopped in with the kids in the evening.                  Autumn wrote, ILYVM on his board....I love you very much...                            Eddy wrote, I care..I hope you feel better Papa Louie (Louy)
  

     That night I made my last of 28 walks between the hospital and my little motel home away from home. 













      By 8 Thursday morning, Jen arrived to help load my belongings into their vehicle and then on the hospital to transfer Lou.



             Happy Day.....
Getting out of here.....


          On my way....Woo! Woo!



Getting outside at rehab.....
                                                                                      











Lou has 3 hours a day of physical, occupational and speech therapy.  He has very weak muscles in the back of his throat.  They will do another swallow test on Tuesday.  (He is getting better...at least he is dreaming about cookies and coffee.)  

THE GOAL......BE RELEASED TO GO TO BURT'S ON FRIDAY!
___________________________________
       This is Saturday afternoon.  Lou is snoozing after 3 therapy sessions.  Chuck and the girls are coming up for the night.  I think we are anticipating a pizza dinner somewhere.  
       For me the 2 days here in Wausau have been a welcome change, even though the weather has been hot and humid with a few heavy thunder storms.  I have played an exciting board game with 3 young grandkids, watched 2 movies with them and enjoyed a cozy bed.  
        Things have gone well these past 18 days but I am getting weary and ready to get back to "normal" life.  This coming week 3 siblings are driving up from Indianapolis and I will join them for a few days in Park Falls.   My thoughts are drifting to returning to Vancouver before too long.

      This has been a good 4 "progress" days in the life of Grandma G.

      "Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid.  The Lord, The Lord is my strength and my song; he had become my salvation." (Isaiah 12:2)

No comments:

Post a Comment