Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Come September....Post Views....12,918

     Come September it is time to think about school, the turn of the season, how quickly the summer past again.
     For me it is time to change from "hospital, convalescent" mode to R & R "up north" mode.  I am here in Park Falls, anticipating a few days of visiting my brother with my siblings from Indianapolis. Also checking in on some friends here in town.  
      Lou is gaining some strength but is quite winded with little excursion. He is eager to start eating and thinks about yummy food.  He will have a swallow test today to determine what he will be able to eat.  He is hoping to go to Burt and Jen's on Friday.  I will keep you updated.  
      I woke up  quite early this morning with a myriad of thoughts, plans and feelings whirling in my head.  It is time to let go of feeling I need to be responsible for Lou's recovery.  I am grateful (and so is he) that I was able to have these 3 weeks with him.  It is time to trust his care and recovery into God's hands and Lou's own determination.  It is time to refocus on my life and the walk God has for me.  Time to enjoy a few days up north with my siblings and perhaps Lake Superior, a good steak dinner and just hanging out at Burt and Jen's place on the river.  Oh, Yah...
      BUT.....no blog is complete without an array of.....PICTURES.....

         Lou and Lu.....made by Lu
    








Mimi, Lulu, Papa Lou, Olivia, 
                   Chuck in back  



 We went for pizza Saturday evening....Burt and Chuck wanted a picture of water.....or was that a pitcher of water?????





    I was able to enjoy a 30 minute walk "around the block" Sunday afternoon.  
 Large, green yards in this neighborhood....

Dancing white butterflies..



Soothing Wisconsin Scenery....

 














Oops.....one scared squirrel....

YUM....steamed beet greens....haven't had them since many years ago.   No one else was interested in enjoying them.....which may have been a good thing for them.....that night I had a strange dream that someone wanted me to change the feathers in their pillow.  Only dilemma was that it was somehow connected to a "traitors" group.  I consented, thinking I would made a little money and the traitor thing was no big deal.  Whoa....as I was undoing the pillow binding more and  more camouflage stuff kept showing up on my floor and pretty soon guns.  Problem was that I was going to be hosting a Birthday party and how was I going to hide all this stuff from them.  Pretty soon there were tanks and blown up buildings and I realized I was going to be tried as a traitor.
What a relief when I woke up and it was just a dream.   
Guess an overload of iron will do that to an innocent person.

    Internet access is limited here in the Northwoods, so not sure when I will blog again.  Come back to see updates of Lou and my R & R.   

    This has been a good 2 "come September" days in the life of Grandma G.  

    "But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."  (Isaiah 40:31) 








No comments:

Post a Comment