Thursday, September 11, 2014

The Struggle Continues.....Post Views.....13,091

    


REMEMBERING 
9/11/01.....
THE FALLEN AND THE HEROES 



__________________________________

 I returned home to Vancouver...the Couve....last evening...Wed.

The first leg of the trip was unique in that Burt and I were on the same flight from Wausau to Minneapolis.  I knew that was cause for a.............    
                                "selfie" photo shoot. 





Don't look at me like that.......
SMILE.....



                When will we ever have this opportunity again?

      Burt was on his way to Mississippi and I was on my way to Washington....We didn't sit next to each other, which was alright since he slept.  In the airport he treated me to a visit to the World Club which he has membership to.  Nice.  It pays to have a diamond level perks customer for a son.  
       My 3&1/2 hour flight from MSP went quickly though I was sitting between 2 rather large fellows.  I watched a free movie of The Million Dollar Arm. It was entertaining and inspiring, especially after realizing it was a true happening.  Then a bit of reading and soon we were landing in Portland.  Yeah!  

       It was 5PM PDT.  I had been gone for 5 weeks to the day.  I was happy to be home......in bed for the night at 9:30 since my body was telling me it was 11:30.   
       It always takes me several days to refocus on everyday life.  This time it is no different, yet different because I need to let go of the convalescent atmosphere and get back into the flow of life out here.  
       Today I have been making a slow transition.  There is more concern because Lou was re-admitted to Marshfield hospital today after a series of post op exams.  His heart and lungs are looking fine, but he is quite weak.  There were to be more tests throughout the day.  I have not heard how they came out.
       Tomorrow morning Deb is flying back to Wisconsin for a few days to be with Lou.  In some ways I feel I should have stayed longer, but I also feel it was time for me to return home.   

      Big Lou looking hopeful and forward....




     On Tuesday I went for a walk between the rain storms.   I came across some photo worthy mushrooms.....


     A Fairy Village??  
 I would have thought so in my young years....









         
     
      This has been a good 3 "the struggle continues" days in the life of Grandma G.

       "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." (Romans 12:12)

                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment