Saturday, September 27, 2014

How Can Time Go By So Fast......Blog Views...13,489

     ............ without one getting much done?   That happens, though, at least for me.....
   I lose a certain (a large) amount of focused, enthusiastic energy when I am home alone.   It is SO easy to loaf away the day without really engaging in anything.   Sigh.... The piles of clutter build up on most of the surfaces...and I have plenty of surfaces.   There is no reason for them not to be cleaned up and out other than I just don't feel like it......Oh....it's a challenge that will linger if I don't learn how to deal with it.....Oh...Oh....Oh....
   On Thursday I had an outing with the Red Hat Ladies....the Red Hot Mamas...as we are called in our park.  It was my first interaction with folks since returning two weeks ago.  I was glad to get out with them and catch up somewhat on the latest here in our neighborhood.  We went to Troutdale, a tourist town at the entrance to the Columbia River Gorge.  



Got my new Red Hats bracelet from granddaughter, Angie...
My Red Hats earrings from a friend....
And my sparkly red hat cap from Wisconsin Dells....
Ready for Red Hat Adventure....

 What's a da matta?
Don't chu like my outfit?

It's not nice to maka......
 Red Hot Mama Mad.......

 

 Yummy turkey, cranberry, cream cheese sandwich...







     There has been some techie stress and victory for me.  Wednesday afternoon when I tried turning on the TV the directv box whirred and whirred, then TV stated there was no signal.  I tried various remedies and ultimately turned it off....deal with it later.   Later I did deal with it.  Same results.  Getting just short of panicky. Thought I would have to get a repairman out.  Then I had an idea.....see if there are controls on the box and see what those controls are.  Ha.....there was a power button.  Tried pushing that.   AND....the TV went on.  I don't know what turned off the power switch but I was glad to discover the easy fix.  Now if all my challenges resolve themselves so readily.

     Techie challenge #2.  The printer has not been responding (communicating) with the computer.  Hmmm.....these has been several weeks.  My techie son had told me that it probably needs to be reset after I changed internet carriers.  Easy for him to say.   HOW do I do that.  Yesterday I went into the computer control panel (yes, I did).  Found the printer info. Discovered it needed "trouble shooting".  Trouble shoot I did.  Found out that some connection with the internet had to be reset.  It told me how to do that.  That I did.   Yeah....the printer and computer are communicating with each other.  The wonders of machines.  My kids and I didn't always communicate well over the years.  Maybe there is a control panel for them, though it is a few years too late.

     Techie challenge #3. I am trying to program a digital photo album on a website.  Each time I go in to work on it the website declared "error" and unsaved album.  Frustrating since each attempt at working on the album was a couple hours.  I finally called for tech support.  Ends up that I need to use a different browser for it to work properly.  The "saved" albums are all there---all 3 instead of just one.   Such is our electronic age.....

    I have been exercising and walking.  That is a plus on my good behavior chart. This late afternoon was an enjoyable 45 minute walk.
 
  



late September  flowers....



How to build or rebuild a house or trailer house.....

 








      





Want to have a pleasant, peaceful and accomplishing day?
Keep the TV OFF for the day......
That is my Saturday rule....
Saturdays are pleasant, peaceful and accomplishing....
(I may have to add another day...)


    This has been a good 4 "how fast time goes by" days in the life of Grandma G.

    "Unless the Lord builds the house, its builders labor in vain.  Unless the Lord watches over the city, the watchmen stand guard in vain."  (Psalms 127: 1)
     

No comments:

Post a Comment