Monday, September 22, 2014

Fall is Officially Here.....Post Views....13,408

     This evening marks the official start of the fall season.  I am again amazed at how quickly this summer has past.  We are now entering the months of colored leaves, pumpkins, apple cider, turkeys  and Christmas.  Hmmmmm.....
      My mind doesn't really know what month this is since it is still unwinding from a plethora of events.  I do know that I don't have to psychologically prepare for a harsh winter ahead.  It is nice to know that most living will continue at a steady pace, though maybe a wet one.   
     Saturday was pleasant in the morning.  That gave me the opportunity to clean up my pebble yard.  There's an annoying weed ground cover that thrives on the layer of rocks and hard dirt underneath.  I knew it would grow well while I was gone.  It did....
Needed to pull it out before the rainy season starts...
 

 cleaned up....





  
 I made a happy discovery while pulling up the weeds.......
                              I have grass in my yard........SEE.....
                       that little tuft might grow into something BIG.....

      The down side of working up a sweat in a hot sun and chilly air....after I was sweaty my new neighbor introduced herself and wanted to chat.  That cold breeze was chilling my back very fast.
The past two days I've walked around with a headache and stiff muscles.  Might be from another cause, but this is good enough to blame it on... 

       I was glad to replace the dried up plants with fresh fall blooms....some of these will survive the winter....Oh, Yah!

 


       








     Later in the afternoon I went with Deb, Keys and Jake to Jake's lacrosse game in Portland.  It was played in a huge "wind tunnel".....an air filled balloon type building.  Never was in anything like that before.  I could feel my ears pop as I went in and out....












Jake is the goalie dude....
He is quite serious and good at the sport

     On Sunday I played keyboard for the small church group I am trying out.  Practicing for that took a few hours of my time.  I will see as the weeks go by if that is where I will stay.  I was glad to meet more folks here, but also miss the ones I have already made from the other church group.
    Unfortunately all of Sunday was spent enduring a headache.

    Unfortunately, also, I will be passing up a trip to Utah National Parks this coming weekend.  Bummer....Guess one can't do everything.  Three nieces and Kate from Indianapolis are going for the week....


     This has been a good 4 "official fall" days in the life of Grandma G.

      "For the Lord your God will bless you in all your harvest and in all the works of your hands, and your joy will be complete."  (Deuteronomy 16: 15)

No comments:

Post a Comment