Thursday, September 18, 2014

Change of Seasons...Post View....13,271.

     I woke up this morning (Wednesday) after a peaceful 8 hours of sleep and decided just to lay there for a bit as I mentally sorted through the past few months and transition into these last 3 & 1/2 months of 2014.   That "a bit" turned into another 3 hours of sleep and 30 minutes of  "sorting and transitioning".  But it was enough to allow me to restfully "start all over again". 
     Life has been full of self pressure since spring.....preparing for my piano program on June 1; planning and packing for a 2 weeks Jude and Grandma G's trip to Indianapolis and San Diego in mid June; landing in Portland on June 25 to be greeted with a text saying Lou needs open heart surgery; returning home to find out the little church I was attending was closing and I needed to find another home church; rescheduling my trip to Wisconsin from early September to August 6 in order to be with family for Lou's surgery; staying in Wisconsin for 5 weeks and now having again returned home a week ago.  Hello and Goodbye summer.....
      All that can drain a person.  It did me.  This past week has allowed me to process the past few months.  Lou is beyond his critical stage and is settled into a good recovery mode.  I am back home and "over the Rockies" before the harsh Midwest winter sets in. I am over jet lag and time change. My mind has accepted that the summer (and unaccomplished plans) is over as the autumn months set in.  That race is over and I finished it. Rested. And let it go.
      Hello new race.  There is still much unsettled in my life here in the Pacific Northwest, but I am ready to run the race with fresh energy and restful trust.  Check back as days go by to see how this new marathon progresses.  Parts of it might be a "tough mudder". First obstacle ......gotta get a lower back molar pulled....ouch.  
___________________________________________

      With having said that I wiled away the rest of the day.  I did get the chiropractor after a 6 weeks without.  My body is rather tight and achy....need to get back to stretches and walking again. I also need to get accustomed to driving in traffic. 
       There is a gray haze over the sky.  Above that the sun is shining...I know it is.  The smoke from the large wildfire in northern California is blowing up this way with the southern winds.  Tragic that it is the result of arson.  They say it will burn several weeks.  There is one burning to the southeast of us, but that one is mostly contained.
______________________________________
    Today, Thursday, I did what I don't like to do.....stay inside all day.   Just out of sheer laziness.  Maybe it is still part of resting from the past several weeks.  Yes, I'm sure that is what it is.   
     I did do a lot of computer work (Ha, Ha)  Really.  I tried several times to upload a "widgit" to advertise and make my music available to buy through my blog.  Couldn't make it work.  Guess I'll have to invest more time in figuring that one out.  
     I also organized bills that need to be paid and let my mind wonder through job possibilities and tried to think of ways to make lots of money with minimal work....a lady can dream.....
     Oh, yah, also cleaned out the 1,000 plus emails in both my addresses.  Oh, Yah....
    So.....every blog post needs some pictures.....here is the result of 5 weeks of heat, a deck and no water on plants that can't fend for themselves...  



 Here's a couple lovely roses in bloom 6 weeks ago....in my front yard.....








   


   This has been a good 2 change of seasons days in the life of Grandma G.

    "Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."  (Philippians 3:13 & 14)  

No comments:

Post a Comment