Monday, September 15, 2014

A Day at the Aquarium.....Post Views......13,178






     Well, a couple hours, anyway.... and 6  hours of travel.....
On Sunday I went with the senior travel group to Newport, OR to the Oregon Coast Aquarium.  That is about 120 miles south of Vancouver.  That is Vancouver, WA.  When we board our Vancouver Parks and Recreation van our director is careful to remind us to return to that particular van. She likes to tell of the time our group was about to return home from somewhere when a couple approached her and asked if they could ride that van and would they drop them off in Seattle on their way to Vancouver.  She had to tell them we are from Vancouver, Washington NOT Canada.  (Seattle and Canada are quite a bit north of us.)


 Part of this aquarium was like a zoo where exhibits are housed in caves throughout the grounds.  I must still have a Midwest mentality since that surprised me.....guess they don't have to worry about the exhibits freezing over in the winter.....









A tunnel through the water so we can see above and below.   That tunnel made a few ladies nervous.......not me....one lady was saying something like,"I hope the glass lasts."  I couldn't understand her at first.  I hope one doesn't try to say "glass lasts" too fast.....

This fellow just "hung out"  without moving for several minutes....I think he is a pineapple rock fish....looks like he could be one.....(has pineapple color and hanging out by a rock....and appears to be a fish)
                    These guys were just hanging out.....

      One aquarium guide said that every night they allow 2 million gallons of ocean water through their system to feed the various creatures and then half way through the night they filter the water so that it is clear when the visitors come during the day.....


I had  one moment of panic......





luckily it was only an image....








     Monday I woke up and realized I was back home and could return to "back home" routine.  Since the temperature was predicted to rise to above 90 I decided on a 40 minute walk in the cool of the morning.   Nice....
     Carole picked me up to go enjoy a Thai lunch.   There is always enough left over for three more meals for me.  The last time I ordered mild spice.....ouch....this time I ordered no spice...Nice...
     This afternoon I played piano for the first time since June 1, when I gave a recital here in the park.  That's 3 & 1/2 months.   Where did all that time go?  I know....just astonished that the summer months evaporated so rapidly.
     I am quickly reminded that life alone has its challenges as well.  How to keep an interactive, accomplishing life style going.   After a busy summer all this quiet is overwhelming.    


This has been a good 2 aquarium/"home routine" days in the life of Grandma G.

  "Then they took Jonah and threw him overboard, and the raging sea grew calm.....But the Lord provided a great fish to shallow Jonah, and Jonah was inside the fish for three days and three nights."  (Jonah 1: 15 & 17)

No comments:

Post a Comment