Friday, September 4, 2015

Beautiful September....Post Views....19,833

      I went for an almost hour walk this afternoon in wonderful, sunny fall weather...the sun was warm but the breeze was cool.  I walked 
2.66 miles.  Smiles...
When I can walk 4 miles easily I will look into my first "forever young" hike.  The easy ones are 4-6 miles.  
Looks like butterflies gathering on the branch.  They are seed pods....pretty...







    On Tuesday, September 1, I got back to water aerobics, the first since April.  I actually felt a bit intimidated to go back.  But my friends were happy to see me and wanted to know where I have been all this time.  It is great to know there are folks who care for me and like me.  (I sure felt the aerobics workout, having neglected it for so long.)
    While we were soaking in the hot tub, my lady friend, Jo, asked if I wanted to go to Chuck's Produce with her and another lady.  I had never been there and needed a few groceries anyway.    














The store had an immense selection of fresh fruits and veggies...including cactus and aloe vera stalks.  Guess people eat all that.   I'm still amazed at and learning this PNW life style. 


Found pancake syrup made from raw sugar rather than corn syrup....
Need to go back sometime when I can continue to gawk at all the amazing products that are available.  




Later that day as I strolled out to my deck I spotted what looked like the remains of a small snake changing it's clothes...or slithering out of them and leaving them behind on the bench of the picnic table....(at least it wasn't the evidence of the 8 foot king cobra that got loose in Florida on Wed.  Haven't heard how that ended.)


 So what does one do with fresh celery and carrots complete with green tops bought from  Chuck's?

How about chicken soup and carrot cakes? 
Yum!!  One cake is for Angie.  She is hungry for carrot cake and mashed potatoes since returning from Ireland.  Other food items are on her list for future days to come.  
  Guess Grandma G will have to eat the other cake and devour the soup.  
 Oh, yah...


     Wednesday I was inspired to try to develop a Face  Book page for Grandma G's studio.  After muddling my way through the tutorial I came up with one....and 4 pictures of the same pose of me on the page....go figure.  People are going to think I am stuck on myself.  Not so...just stuck on how to do all this social media stuff.  I've already gotten 7 likes, 2 from people I don't know.  Don't know how the page is being viewed.   HMMMMM.....

    Thursday was back to water aerobics though I really didn't want to go.  Guess the exercise and sociability is good.  Actually I had seen in a local senior flier how some place was offering aerobics for $100 a month.  I figured I better appreciate our "free" sessions here in the park.  

    A large portion of "healthy living" for us single seniors is learning how to develop and maintain a balance of being with others and alone. Then keeping positive energy flowing when alone.... walking and exercising, working or wasting time at the computer,  engaging in learning or improving musical skills, keeping in contact with family, watching TV, cooking, cleaning.  The list goes on. 
     While I was out walking this afternoon a gentleman said he regrets missing my piano program I put on several months ago.  I told him I am thinking of doing another one in early November.  With this encouragement I will have to put that on my "to do" calendar for November.  But that means practice, practice, practice before that.  Good, positive, engagement for me.    

The week, weeks, and summer have passed quickly. Someone said time seems to go faster as one gets older.  Might be, too, that we are just moving slower and it takes that much more time to to get anything done.  Yikes.... 

BUT.....there's a BIG ADVENTURE happening Tuesday....check back next week to find out what.....It should be a whale of a day.....  

This has been a good 4 "beautiful September" days in the life of Grandma G.  

"Let us not become weary of doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." (Galatians 6:9)

No comments:

Post a Comment