Thursday, August 25, 2016

Plans Galore....The journey part 4....Post views...26,363



      Tuesday I enjoyed breakfast at my backyard cafe...a simple scrambled egg, raisin toast, sliced mango and tea entree.   Excellent service, though the egg was a bit cold. That happens when one is combined patron, greeter, waiter, chef and photographer. 


 Photographer needs a little more selfie practice...
        This has been a busy PNW outdoors day.......
          Abundant "chem" trails to alter our  mood....guess if one were negative that one became positive while the positive one became negative.  Positively confusing....or is that a negative?

These critters had their moods altered...
                                                                                                                                                                  "Come, Dear, let's scurry up Gram G's waterfall and bask in the sunshine."






"Well, enough of that, you go your way and I'll go mine."



        







Nice hand full of fresh 
raspberries.... 

    It was a busy day inside as well.  Made a few phone calls, researched many websites and sent several text messages to plan and arrange a variety of activities and events.  Keep checking back to find out what they are all about.  Oh, yeah....

   I came across some great internet advice.....wisdom??



And that Knights Inn Newport??  Well, you'll find out in a year....

    I am always amazed that it takes the computer about minus 2 minutes to know what websites one has been surfing....suddenly that web info is all over my viewing screen....

   That evening I had a great Skype visit with son, Chuck, and daughter, Angie...also 2 of Chuck's girls....in Milwaukee, WI.  Caught up with the latest.  
     I always feel like I'm Captain Picard on the Enterprise, skyping my kin back on earth.
Far Out!!
    

Later I had a phone visit with son, Burt, in mid-Wisconsin. 
He is still recovering from the Spartan Beast in Hawaii 11 days ago. He has no desire for any more endurance races in the near future.  
He told me more about the
moose/car collision of his son, Cory, and his friend in Alaska. Cory said they had seen moose along the road so were watching for them when one bolted out of the woods and onto the hood of the car.  Could have been fatal to all of them, not just the moose. Thanking God for his protecting angels.  
      I am grateful for communications with my adult children.  It makes me less lonesome some days and still connected with family.
 I was a good physically active senior yesterday before the hot weather sets in again.   Keep aiming for 3 miles and then more. 



  I pulled an old friend out of storage....my Necchi sewing machine...haven't sewed for many, many years....got to get started on the secret project so that it gets done.
  Bought some oil and gave it a few shots, as best as I remembered.  All set to start...tomorrow 

Wednesday the hot weather returned.  After breakfast outside and watering the gardens, it was time to seal oneself up inside with the air conditioner.  

I had received an email from a friend living out of the country.  She was wondering if I was still planning to come visit her this coming year.  That made me research air flight costs and to email her concerning some issues.  All that took a few hours out of my day.  
       That day included piano practice, an hour of stretching exercises (finally), blogging and reminiscing about my trip out here, plans about other events and don't remember what else.   

This has been a good 4 "plans galore" days in the life of Grandma G.

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."  (Proverbs 16:9)



_______________________________________THE JOURNEY PART 4


Tuesday, August 21, 2012


Scenes of Banff!!!(Canada)























(I was totally intrigued with these giant Canadian ammonites displayed in one of the stores...I still am intrigued!)




Wednesday, August 22, 2012


Beautiful Lake Louise!!







_______________________________

Trip to the Columbia Ice Fields.....

 Ancient water.....


They said it was healthy and we could have some to drink....
Glacier water!!
Fountain of youth....



Athabasca
Glacier


Over the top bridge and fence
for the wildlife...





No comments:

Post a Comment