Sunday, August 14, 2016

The Journey Starts.....Post Views.....26,140

      This Friday evening I relaxed with late tea in the Hobbit garden, enjoying the cool 90 degree night air after a hot 99 degree sun filled afternoon,even until 6:40PM.  
 

I thought about the past 6 days, busy yet, lazy.

I've been not feeling well from something these past days.  Sunday and Monday were the worst.


           So it was TIME....Something I've been putting off for the last several months...in fact the past 5 years.  I decided it was time to visit the neighborhood urgent care facility on Sunday afternoon.  I worked up enough courage to go and got there, only to find out they are closed on Sunday.  Drove back Monday afternoon when they were open.  Discovered I'd have to pay $75.  I figured I wasn't THAT sick.  Also found out that I needed to make a phone call to my HMO to have me "assigned" to that facility if I wanted insurance coverage.  Then I would pay $5.  That is worth a phone call.  SO...back at home and on the phone with a dear lady who sounded more advanced in years than me, but she was patient and kind.  After a series of inquiries and misunderstandings and "shear luck" of me asking the one pertinent question I got "assigned" to this facility. 
     The rest of this story is the secret that Gram G has an irrational fear of "going to the doctor". I have been here 4 years and am not acquainted with a primary care doc and I haven't had a physical for about 5 years.  Time to get this chassis checked out and updated.  
         That afternoon grandson Zach called to see if I would like to have dinner with him.  I hadn't visited with him for quite awhile so to dinner we went.
Packer-backer all the way!!
He has his first baby...my first great granddaughter... due late Sept. 

      Tuesday I worked my way through an initial doctor visit and got scheduled for follow up tests.  This may not sound like much to you, but for this mediphobic it was a huge breakthrough.  
         That evening I went for a 2 mile walk in the cool 60 degrees weather before the 90's set back in.
Still working on preparing to join the easy hikers!

    I saw on FaceBook that son, Gerry, had arrived safely in Honolulu in anticipation of running a Spartan race on Sat.  He's out to get the 3rd piece of his metal while fund raising for Rady's children hospital in San Diego. (See details from Machu Picchu side links.)


     
     I am starting to get back to the keyboard.  I always forget that is the "missing satisfaction" when I've been away from it for awhile and start wondering why I am not feeling content and happy.   Got a new gospel song started.  Hope I can see it through to useful form.  Now all I need is a helpful recording studio and lots of dollars. Anybody have access to either or both of these??
______________________________

        Wednesday through Sunday included getting blood drawn for the first time in 5 years to find out how "normal" I am, watching the 3 Hobbit movies (I got more into the story this time around.), did some plant trimming outside, thought about an upcoming baby shower, bought 6 yards of material for a secret project, AND
      
     Went to Freddy's to get 2 prescriptions filled.  One was $2 and the other was....$202...WHAT?  That one got refused.  Not that much in need anyway.
_____________________________________
     
    
 With my 4th anniversary on August 25th of becoming a Vancouver, WA citizen I thought it would be fun to go back to the corresponding date 4 years ago to see what I was doing and blogging these days of August.
_________________________________


Visiting Special Friends!                                                                         Thursday. August 9, 2012                      

     There are 2 special friends I had to visit before I can say I am ready to leave. 
Diego and Maria Surman live about 12 miles south of Park Falls.  They were both my piano students for many years,since they were in first grade.  
     Diego is now a sophomore and Maria in 7th grade.    
     In the recital picture Diego (wearing a blue shirt and tan pants) is in the middle of the front row--probably 8 years ago.  He progressed with piano and then guitar until he was prohibited by the disease that has challenged him since birth.
He has neurofibromatosis--NF2.  What he also has is a very keen brain and warm personality.  He is a food and cooking buff.  He specializes in  WW2 history, astronomy, Boy Scouts, Star Wars and Indiana Jones.
      He let me in on his secret BBQ rib recipe that he thought up while in the hospital. It is in his words, "DELICIOUS!".  I am sworn to secrecy.   Come October, he is hoping to join an uncle in Texas at a BBQ rib cook off. 
Diego and Maria as students 2 years ago. 
____________________________________________________


Friday, August 10, 2012


14 Days from now...


     Fourteen days from now I will be at my new home in Vancouver,WA!  Yeah!  Four days from now should be the start of 
THE GREAT 3 SENIOR SISTERS--AND LATER A NIECE--CROSS COUNTRY ROAD TRIP!!
    My 2 sisters will be arriving here around midnight.  Don't think I will be much company at that point.

  











  This morning Jeff came over to run off 11 songs for a copyright CD.  I wasn't going to bother with it, but I am glad he encouraged me to get it done.  Now they will be ready for me to work on when I find a studio in Vancouver.

    I also picked up the key for the Uhaul truck that my guys will use to pack my stuff to haul to Wausau to repack into a UPAK pod.  It sounds involved to me, but the guys said that is preferable to packing a Uhaul and driving to Vancouver.  Whatever works.  All I have to do is pack about 40 boxes of STUFF.

  
Uhaul dealership
     

      Today was to be the (almost) final thrust of getting boxes packed.  I worked a bit and then senior age hit me and I had to rest.  Fortunately the fatigue passed and I was able to get a fair amount done.  I think I have things to a manageable point.
      Two different parties came to pick up furniture that they bought from me.  A lady called to say she and her daughter will buy a keyboard and a piano.  Yeah!  Great news.

     I did have a very big scare.  Two night ago I know I was looking at my new passport and figuring I needed to put it in a safe but accessible place since I'll need it to pass in and out of consciousness---sorry, make that Canada.  Today for some reason I thought I better check where the passport is.  I COULD NOT FIND IT.   I searched purses and boxes and searched them again.  Then I searched them again.  Nothing.  I figured I must have tossed it into one of the 5 bags of paper recycling on the porch OR stashed it in one of the oodles of boxes that are packed.  After an hour I decided I needed to get back to packing.  Tomorrow the younger grand kids and I can dump out the bags and search for a  small dark blue booklet.  The worse that can happen is that I'll sit in Glacier Park while the others are enjoying Banff.  
      This evening I glanced through a small box of paper stuff that I am taking along.  HMMMM....there was a middle sized cardboard envelope that looked official.  MAYBE. JUST MAYBE.... AND...there it was.  I get to pass in and out of C.....

      I just received a call that my sisters and their driver/s are about 20 minutes south of here.  It is past midnight and I will be somewhat sociable and then scurry us off to bed.  All (most) of the preparations have been made and tomorrow it is time to start  packing the moving truck. 

     This has been a good last Park Falls Friday in the life of Grandma G.

     "The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but victory rest with the Lord."  (Proverbs 21:31)

     ________________________________________________________
Sat and Sunday, August 11 and 12, 2012
Crazy Moving Weekend....



Are we done yet?

52 plus cups...souvenirs all!







                

           



Packing up and heading out....








One last Park Falls camp fire.....



(notice the jackets mid-August)


Saying goodbye to my brother, Nick, and his wife, Sandy.  
                 
4 Jarosinski siblings....Gram G, Nick, Kate, Betty (in back)

This has been a good, crazy moving weekend in the life of Grandma G.


_____________________________________________________________

The Journey Starts....

    After  several months of preparations the 3 senior sisters left Park Falls for their Cross Country Adventure....departing at 3PM, Tuesday August 14, 2012. 

     We have made it to Bemidji, Minnesota at 8:30PM---the first of 8 segments of travel and adventure. 

     Lots went into the last 4 days to get us here.  Unfortunately, the pictures are not uploading and this author is completely downloaded from all the prep and first day of driving.  


Leaving Park Falls
        First Day of Travel...

Superior, Wisconsin
Park Falls to Superior, WI to Bemidji, MN.  
Come back tomorrow for pictures and stories.  
For now it is good night from Grandma G!

     This has been a good "totally exhausting" 2 days in the life of Grandma G.  

     "By the seventh day God had finished all the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work."  (Genesis 2:2) 


No comments:

Post a Comment