Sunday, August 28, 2016

Three Is Good.....and Journey part 5...Post Views...26,438




    Ahhhhhh.....
THE THREE SISTERS
REVISITED....
PART 5 OF THE GREAT           
3 SISTERS CROSS COUNTRY ADVENTURE...(LATER)
(the 3 sisters at the 3 Sisters Mountains, Canada)

________________________________
     Thursday, Sept. 25, was a "simple" day consisting of 3 major activities. (I find days involving several small concerns stressful.)

       I enjoyed an almost 3 miles walk starting about 8:30 before the heat set in. (Another 97 degree day.)
       With the sun at a morning angle I saw common wild flowers and grasses in a different perspective.  Kind of fun and artistic.  




Sidewalk Art...


















Later was Red Hat Ladies luncheon at McMenamins "Power Station" Pub.  Time to start catching up with my PNW friends.  This site used to be the "poor house" 











Love the turkey/cranberry/
onion/Swiss cheese combo


Strangest "painting" I have ever seen.....It is 3-D.  I felt like they were going to start talking to me or have a conversation between the 2 of them. They probably spend all night talking about the customers who came to dine.    Weird....But I guess that is what Portland is all about.

    I have never seen a winery before.  (Except for when my young kids were crammed into one room, but that might be spelled different.)


Dumping in the grapes.  Guess they don't stomp them with their feet anymore.....



  
  Back home about 2 PM it was time to seal myself into cooling air conditioning.  Ready to start for real on my secret project.
   I worked on it the rest of the day, but between altering the pattern, pinning, getting up and down from the floor,cutting the pieces and watching a movie, I didn't get a whole lot done.....

      Friday morning it was off the radiologists to get a few pictures of my innards done.  Not bad other than no food or drink since midnight.  
      Back home by mid morning it was time for breakfast out in the Hobbit garden before "figuring out the weekend".  Gonna have an adventure I've never had before.  Needed to figure out what to buy at the grocery, what to take and what is not needed.  Check back to find out how the weekend went.  

    This has been a good 3 "Three is good" days in the life of Grandma G  

"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."  (Ecclesiastes 4:12)



___________________________THE JOURNEY PART 5

Friday, August 24, 2012


Enjoy The Journey!


(Vickie, Kate, Georgia, Betty)

I have heard that it is not the destination but the journey that is important.
In my case it is the journey and the destination.
The destination came first and then the journey became the means to get there.
Today in Golden, Canada we came upon this affirmation to 
ENJOY THE JOURNEY
That is what we have been doing for 11 days.
Today was the 2nd to the last day of THE JOURNEY.
We passed into British Columbia,
Drove 540 miles through beautiful, though rugged mountains.
We stopped at Merritt and were helped by very friendly folks.
Tonight we are staying in Hope.
Tomorrow we will finish THE JOURNEY when we arrive in
Vancouver, WA!
     

This has been a good "enjoy the journey" day in the life of Grandma G.

    "The highway of the upright avoids evil; he who guards his way guards his life."  (Proverbs 16:17)




Othello railroad tunnels outside of Hope.



Sat. August 15, 2012

 Entering (re-entering) America......
Niece, Vickie, was upset that I acknowledged I had an orange in my lunch.  She has said not to claim it.  She was right...
we ended up sitting in the customs office while the agents thoroughly searched our car for the orange.  We were fortunate they didn't empty the trunk and make us repack it.






 


Mt. Rainier









My new home state...
I lived on Evergreen Street for
many years...




                                                 Are we there yet?


3 sisters arrive in Vancouver, WA



Ladies' evening at Island Cafe in VC



Grandma G arrives Home!!!
Greeted by daughter, Debbie
 (Saturday evening, August 25, 2012)



No comments:

Post a Comment