Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Fun Picture Day....


          Not a "fun day of taking pictures", rather a "day of taking fun pictures".
I got out of bed this morning determined to have a productive day of sorting and packing.  Along the way there were a few items that called for a photo. 



How about a photo of a photo?
Portrait of a granddaughter and grandmother: "Ready for the Mall of America!"




      I am not a hoarder but I DO have collections---books, frames, cups, albums, wrapping paper, shells and rocks.  
      I sat and thought for awhile today, why do I like shells and rocks?   I think it is because I am amazed that God puts beauty in mundane things like little sea creature shells and tiny rocks covering the ground. 


       I got a lot sorted and downsized.  There are another 3 large garbage bags of paper recycling sitting on the porch.  Oodles and oodles of  boxes are packed and marked "office", "studio", "garage", "hall closet", "bedroom closet".  Nothing yet for "kitchen"---haven't got there yet. 

     I took the covered wagon in for a "greasing" before its trek across country--05 days.   (Not the red one; the one way in the back).  She has to make it about 2,500 miles before resting.  Gotta cross the Rockies before the snow sets in.  You can see the disruption of the road construction.    Interesting how the disorder on the streets of Park Falls parallels the disorder in my house this summer!






      This was a long tiring day of packing, but I think I have made good progress.  I was elated to find a special coin.  Canada here I come!! 

      A local furniture store delivered my new dresser and headboard later in the day.  Two ladies came over to look at some keyboards that I still have to sell.  A lady friend picked up a tree that I am not taking along--there are plenty in Washington (and it is artificial).  I attended my last Bible study at church and officially said goodbye for the last time.

     This has been a good "fun picture" day in the life of Grandma G.

     "Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let your glory be over all the earth." (Psalm 57:5)

No comments:

Post a Comment