Wednesday, August 1, 2012

"Move it Along"!

           Today was "move it along" day---meaning it was "move it out of here" day.  I packed up my nice orderly "garage sale" into boxes to be hauled to the day care center for THEIR garage sale. 
This meant the end of a long era of a fun supply of children's toys. That is sad for me; for 45 years my life has revolved around kids' toys and now it is over.  Gone. Finished.  A thing of the past.



 
    
      I've also been emerged in paper purging.  Tomorrow will be the last paper recycling day in Park Falls for me. (Hey, I know it doesn't sound traumatic or nostalgic but one gets sentimental about such things when one is about to move her residence cross country.  NEVER to have another paper recycling day in Park Falls. ) And it will help eliminate some weight on the moving truck.  It was difficult to let go of certain pamphlets and reading material.
      With that being said, I am going to bed.  The blog might not seem like much, but it was a plenty--full day for me.  (I am happy to report that my left elbow is much improved today.)


      This has been a good "move it along" day in the life of Grandma G.

     "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:...a time to keep and a time to throw away."  (Ecclesiastes 3: 1 & 6)

No comments:

Post a Comment