Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Hurrah for the Sauerkraut!

     What does one do when there is no ice or ice pack when one needs one?  One reaches for the quart size baggie of frozen sauerkraut!
     My elbow was very painful when it came time for bed.  I tried getting comfortable, but after a sudden excruciating shooting pain down the arm I headed to the freezer.  The bag of kraut (double bagged) worked well to cradle the elbow--it was quite effective.  Surprisingly it stayed froze most of the night, though a slight odor of kraut permeated the room by morning.  
     Most of the day I worried about something funky like a blood clot or cellulitis  since the pain remained.  By mid afternoon the tension started to relax, and with a chiropractor adjustment, I think the elbow is mending.  Mysterious, what set it off.  


     Now...about yesterday.  Early last week I had emailed a short article to our local paper with an announcement about my new CD and a goodbye message to the people of the area.  
     The editor sent one back and said he wanted to have their reporter do a feature article on me.  Sure!  
     She came yesterday with her list of questions about how long have I've lived in Park Falls; what will I miss about the area; what inspired the songs I composed; what was the process involved in composing and producing the CD?  
     It was fun to converse with her.  She took this picture for the paper.  I hadn't intended to have a full blown article in the paper, but I am excited to see and read what she wrote.  


      I looked into and decided to go with a moving company from Wausau, WI.  This was VERY last minute.  They came in with a good quote that makes it possible to go easy on my sons.  They were willing to pack my things, drive 1,900 miles in 2 and 1/2 days, unpack, jump into an airplane to fly home the next day and be back to their jobs on Monday.  Thanks, guys.  I am grateful for this development.  Still need to continue to downsize and pack. (I found $50 while cleaning out a shelf.  Hope I stashed more---lots more.) 


     This evening was entertaining watching the summer Olympics while sorting out mounds of paper stuff. Go, team USA!!  We are proud of you!


     This has been a good "hurrah for sauerkraut" day in the life of Grandma G.


     "For God is the King over all the earth; sing to him a psalm of praise.  God reigns over the nations; God is seated on his holy throne."  (Psalm 47: 7 & 8)


     


No comments:

Post a Comment