Friday, July 20, 2012

Porch Sale, Anyone?

      Today was a day I was dreading.  Set up for porch sale?  Help!  I prayed before I got out of bed, asking God to send me help.  And he did!  Five great friends came to help. I did hear an "Oh, my" occasionally. 


      Stephanie came from 9:30 until 1PM.  She did claim the bag of plastic snakes and a HUGE spider.  Stay away from Steph! 
















Joyce, Ginger and Steph
Pattie and Luke







 
Maybe I need to start a craft and second hand shop!   Looks mighty good.   I told everyone not to make things look too attractive or I might take it all back.  I took back only 2 things.

        At one point another friend stopped by and said she thinks the sale was not advertised properly in the paper.  I had programmed an ad on line.   In the paper it claimed a garage sale at 214th Ave.  There is no such place in Park Falls.  I called  in the afternoon and complained.  They will either run the ad again next week or give me a refund.  I may have the sale next weekend also if things don't sell well this week--or I find more things to put out.


       Later in the day I left my mark around town.  Hopefully it was enough to bring in the crowds tomorrow.   I didn't know how to secure the large signs. Then I thought to take wire hangers, straighten the hook and duct tape them to the back of the sign.  Yeah!  Sharp points to stick into the ground.




This has been a good "get ready for a porch sale" day in the life of Grandma G.


"A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity."  (Proverbs 17:17)





No comments:

Post a Comment