Monday, July 23, 2012

Clean Laundry Once Again!

     With getting so close to moving time I am willing to put up with some inconveniences rather than take the time to resolve them.  Having no working washer is one of them, although when it comes laundromat time I am wishing I had resolved the problem.

     Actually today was a good laundry time experience. I used a facility in the center of town instead of fighting the road construction to drive to the southside. While the machines were doing their thing I used the opportunity to bedroom furniture shop. With moving to a smaller house and rooms I need smaller items rather then the hefty ones I have. (They are great for the great northwoods.)

    I like this headboard, though it's metal.  You might say I am hung up on it.  Thought maybe the dresser would go nicely.  There is black metal trim in the upper part of the mirror.  One might suggest it will be easier to get something out in VC.  One must also remember I am still a small town lady and not secure about all that "city gettin around", though I need to learn pronto.
 










   While waiting for the drying cycle I walked over to the Pal Cafe for a lunch/snack.  The Pal is a renovated 50's cafe and a landmark of Park Falls hospitality.  I left feeling good.  There was pleasant atmosphere and I had made a healthy choice of sweet potato fries!  Yum!  













         Back at home I sat for awhile before getting on with the day.  I filled out an estimate list for a possible move by professional movers.  Right now I (and 2 sons) are planning to transport my "stuff" ourselves with a rented truck.  If the cost difference isn't too great I will opt for the professional move so my guys don't have to heave and hoe and drive 1,900 miles. 
     
     This evening I did stretches for 45 minutes while watching my Canadian travel boys on departures! What a great way for a mature lady to keep in shape and keep up with travel (and cute guys--they could be my sons).
      
      I also turned on my beloved Clavinova for the first time since April.  I need to send in a few songs for copyright and am deciding how to do that.  I miss the piano keys, but pressing issues need to take precedence for awhile.   

     This has been a good "clean laundry" day in the life of Grandma G.

     "Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience."  (Colossians 3:12)


No comments:

Post a Comment