Saturday, July 28, 2012

Happy B-day and the Solution to A Problem....

       Happy 37th B-day, Chuck!!  He's not the problem.  He's my computer guru. He is also Santa Chuck who rides in the Milwaukee Santa Rampage each year. 






    I think he has a fondness for the color red.  After he graduated from high school he painted his room a brick red and then left for the air force. 
______________________________________________________________________



     Today was also the 4th day of my garage sale.  I didn't feel like facing another one, but once I got going the day went smoothly.  I had a few customers throughout the day.  One customer presented the solution to the problem of what to do with all the left over stuff.


          She was interested in and bought the "hands" frames.  She explained that she runs the day care at the Lutheran church here in Park Falls.  I offered to donate the leftover kids' items to the day care this week.  She went on to say that they have 2 large garage sales each year for fund raisers--one  is coming up next weekend.  After this weekend I will pack up all the remaining items and take them to the day care.  The end.  
(These frames hung in Chuck's brick red room after I repainted the upper half white and declared it "the grand kids' room".)


     I did make a fair amount of money with having sold some furniture--enough to buy the new bed set I want.  Yeah! 
     In between waiting on customers I washed the dishes and cleaned the kitchen.  That might not sound like much, but when there is no more counter space or room to walk around, cleaning up the room is a big deal. 
    I was visited by 3 wasps  in the house this morning.  Later in the day the owner's husband  came by to take a look.  He sprayed the nest again and then knocked it apart.  I don't think the wasps will be hanging around any longer.
    I was glad for a chance to say goodbye to them. (the owners, not the wasps--though I was glad to say goodbye to them as well.)


     I'm still not settled on the method of transporting my belonging out to Washington.  My sons are willing to do it, but I am checking the cost of one more moving company in a city close by.  I think it would be so much easier on everyone to have a moving company do it.  Got to decide pretty quick!

    I got in a nice 30 minute walk early evening.  Then followed that with 40 minutes of stretches while watching the traumatizing movie, Independence Day.  One gets desperate for entertainment when one lives alone and the day gets late.   
     The walk was refreshing and the stretching relaxing, but I do admit my muscles have been aching a lot.   

    This has been a good last garage sale day in the life of Grandma G.

    "Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisers they succeed."  (Proverbs 15:22)


No comments:

Post a Comment