Monday, July 16, 2012

Extreme Heat Warning.....

     Northern Wisconsin is not designed for heat.  But that is what we had again today--94 F without the extra humidity index.  I understand, though, that HOT is the buzz word all over the world.  I am fortunate to have air conditioning and only need to step outside a time or two just to appreciate the cool inside.   

    Getting ready for a weekend porch/yard sale is the focus of this week.  There are piles of stuff everywhere just waiting to be organized and priced.  I have two friends coming on Thursday to help me set up.  It is difficult to know what to sell and what to move out to VC with me. Yet some things are quite obvious--pillow inserts, stuffed animals, heavy quilts, moose decorations, assortment of 100 cookie cutters, etc.  This is "round one" of downsizing--hopefully with a little money to gain from it.










      I spent some time getting my new CD ready for distribution around town.  That will probably happen on Wednesday when the weather cools down a bit.    I've had some town folk in the past request that I let them know when I have a new CD.  I plan to place an article in the local paper soon to advertise it.



      My niece, Vickie, called from Indianapolis to talk about the upcoming 3 Senior Sisters Great Cross Country Road Trip.  She is hoping to go along.  She found some accommodations for us in Glacier National Park.  I hadn't been able to find any vacancies.  We are now staying in a cabin at the Lake McDonald Lodge.  Yeah!   I also found a wonderful place for us in Banff.   The pictures of that whole area are gorgeous.  I am excited this trip is going to happen.  It is my treat for all the moving preparations!   I am especially happy to spend 3 weeks with my sisters and niece since I wasn't able to in our childhood. 

      While sorting things out I watched 3 episodes of departures!  Justin and Scott are my traveling Canadian TV boys.  I have seen all the episodes a few times before and they are just as appealing each time.  They have traveled to unique places and make each experience informative and fun.  Good job, Boys!

      I am down to 4 weeks and 2 days before my departures from Park Falls.  I won't accomplish all I envisioned 5 months ago.  There are people I wanted to say goodbye to and a few places to visit one more time.  Don't think that will happen.  But the thought popped into my head today that I can come VISIT next summer and do some of those things.  Good idea!

     My sister-in-law, Betty, stopped by this evening.  She was walking her dog.  We sat outside under the shade of  the big tree.  With the strong breeze it was refreshing to be outside. 

     This has been a good "stay cool" day in the life of Grandma G.

"In the heavens he has pitched a tent for the sun,...It rises at one end of the heavens and makes its circuit to the other; nothing is hidden from its heat." (Psalm 19: 4 & 6)

        





    

No comments:

Post a Comment