Friday, July 20, 2012

Granddaughter Day!

     Today was the big day of my garage sale.  What turned out bigger was sharing this day with my granddaughter, Autumn.  She is 9 years old.  I asked her on Thursday evening if she wanted to come over and help with the garage sale.  She said, "SHUORE!"



      She helped with the cash box and watched the porch when I needed to be somewhere else.
Her younger brother came along when her mom brought her over.  He was one of my best cutomers!















  I was amazed how many people came even with the paper having messed up my address.  I wish I had kept count of how many.  There was a steady flow from 8:45 until 4:30.  Autumn and I figured there were around 40 lookers. 

      The most interesting purchase, I thought, was by a lady who bought these 4 mugs and shells to break. Oh.   (NOT my skinny starfish----which actually was in the sale by mistake.)  She breaks such items to make into mosaic flower pots.  She has it perfected now so the plant water doesn't seep into the glue in the mosaic and cause it to fall apart.  Well, at least some of my prized items are destroyed for artistic purposes. 








      Autumn brought her little dog, PEPE, a teacup chihuahua.  She even knows how to spell chi-hua-hua.  I didn't until I looked it up under pictures of small dogs.  Chiwawa?  chawawa?   He, of course, barked and growled at everyone. 

      







   




 I had another "first".    A lunch tea party with a granddaughter. 



         I needed to show her the "proper" way to hold a tea cup.


        I sold a fair amount of items---not much money----but I must remember the reason for a garage sale.  One wants to get a little cash for items one is done with or needs to part with.  One enjoys chatting with folks from town and saying goodbye.  One completely relishes a fun day with a wonderful granddaughter---at least this one grandmother did.

     Tomorrow is one more day of garage sale.  (Secretly, I hope this is my LAST garage sale.)

     This has been a good garage sale/granddaughter day in the life of Grandma G.

     "Children's children are a crown to the aged, and parents are the pride of their children."
(Proverbs 17:6)

No comments:

Post a Comment