Saturday, July 14, 2012

A Better Day....

      Today was an emotionally calm and better day for me. 
      I spent a long time posting an ad on Craig's List in Vancouver to advertise I will be available for piano lessons starting Oct. 1.  It took longer and was more complex than I thought it would be.  I can understand, though, since everyone involved wants it to be a safe interaction. 
     I am planning and  trusting that giving lessons will be my main source of income. 





Calling myself to see if I answer! Modern wonders!





     Awhile back Chuck set me up with a google phone number with a VC area code. I was having trouble making it work so played around with it today. I think I have the problem remedied and I am set to receive piano lesson inquiries. Yeah!

     Today I went to the laundromat and went to the laundromat and went to the laundromat.  With the washer here broken I need to go to the laundromat.  I didn't feel like waiting there for the entire process so I took the clothes, went back to put them in the dryer and went back to get them.  It will be wonderful to have my own washer and drier--on the same floor level--and ones that can be used at the same time. (It will also be great to have a dishwasher after 2 years of hand washing dishes.)

     I had some phone calls from friends here in town.  It is good to talk with people.  Some days I feel isolated with not having the store to go to each day. One lady friend asked if I had a good meal out last night.  Hmmmm. How did she know?  She and her husband were at the same restaurant as my family group.  She saw me but I didn't see her.  Why not?  BECAUSE.  They came in after us and got served before us so they were gone by the time we got up to leave.  And we were sitting toward the back of the building. 
      Also did some stretches.   With working at the computer so much  there is a lot of sitting going on.  I can feel the need and importance of exercise.

Mt. Rushmore Flashback
"What do you think, Abe, Should we let them in on the secret?"
"That's up to you, Teddy, they're rather stone faced."

"They're ALWAYS making cutting remarks behind my back."



Aw, don't worry about it, George, they're just rock heads."

 

       This has been a good, better day in the life of Grandma G.

"The Lord is my shepherd....he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul."
(Psalm 23: 1-2-3)

No comments:

Post a Comment