Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Selling My Wares...

     I started Tuesday out with a walk before 9AM to beat the heat and the storms forecast for later in the day.

I took a different route and came upon a house with a HUGE yard.  In Vancouver they would probably fit 6 houses in that area. 
     The morning passed quickly with the walk and shower and breakfast....and....a trip to the dentist office.  It was decided to replace a 10 year old crown.  So, I will make another trip to the dentist  tomorrow morning at 7:30AM.

     I spent most of the afternoon "debeaching" my "going to the beach" front porch.  With the porch/garage sale coming up this weekend I will need the room for sale items.  I hated to do away with the setting but the next 4 weeks will pass quickly  and one must keep pushing forward. 
     I plan to have a coastline theme in my new living room, but subtle, not gaudy.  I am taking only a few items with a little class and style. 


      _________________________________________________


     Wednesday I was up at 6:30 (early for me) to be back in the dentist's chair at 7:30.  And that is where I stayed for the next 2 hours.  It was kind of him to get me in before I leave in 4 weeks.  It will take 2 weeks to get the new crown put on.  And who doesn't like having a new crown---on the head!!


    Back to home at 10AM to sit with a cup of Yorkshire Gold tea for a bit.  Then it was on to the remainder of the day.  

    

      I  prepared displays of Oh, The Places I've Been  to distribute around town. 




      Before "selling my wares"  I met with 5 senior friends for a meal and socializing at a local restaurant.  I am glad for a few more visits with folks before heading west.

      It was raining after lunch so I had to cover the CD displays as I ran in  and out of the car and stores. I left them at 5 stores.   Everyone was pleased with them.  One proprietor complimented the sunflower on the cover. 

     Home once again.  The manager of this house called.  There is someone coming to look at the house next week.  I guess not moving is not an option any longer!


     This evening Al came over to move heavy items off the porch for me.  Autumm came along to find some treasures and try out a new look.

     
     





_______________________________________________

VIEWS OF BEAUTIFUL  PARK FALLS:









     This has been a good two "selling my wares' days in the life of Grandma G.

"A voice of one calling, 'In the desert prepare the way for the Lord, make straight in the wilderness a highway for our God'." (Isaiah 40:3)

No comments:

Post a Comment