Monday, July 30, 2012

It's MY Day! (Sunday)

       Today was my official farewell at my local (Park Falls) church.  Or as my pastor said, "This is my opportunity to kick someone out of the church".   


I had the privilege of thanking folks for the great acceptance they gave me for over 30 years.


 Pastor Terry spoke for a bit and then the deacons and missions board had prayer for my safe travels and continued Lord's care as I settle into life in Vancouver, WA.
 They presented me a plaque thanking me for many years of ministry to Family Worship Center.

      A great surprise for me was the Scripture and message for the morning.  Pastor was NOT aware of the Bible verse at the top of my blog. 
   
    I have been blessed with a wonderful church family for over 30 years.  I will miss everyone.  I told them I have already decided to come back to visit next summer.  I am comforted to know there are so many people who love me.
    Several friends signed my remembrance/autograph book.


________________________________________________________________________

     After church several friends took me to eat at the Chinese restaurant. There they surprised with an assortment of gifts--most of them home crafted.

My friend, Patti and her husband "wood burned" a sign for my new studio in VC




      Another friend, Joyce, painted a rock into a cottage.  Some said it closely resembles the upper half of Wisconsin.  HMMMMMM.  If you look at the upper center of the map where the straight border angles up you will see "Park Falls".  That is were I "used to" live.  Lake Superior is a mere 60  miles north from there.
     This little Wisconsin cottage will be a main attraction in my rock garden in Washington!
    


     Back at home it was back to work on sorting and packing. I also spent a chunk of time working on the itinerary for our 3 senior sister and a niece? cross country road trip.  My niece, Vickie, had left a message about a possible "meet up with you in Montana" plan since she couldn't get 2 weeks off from work.  I wanted to check travel routes to figure what would work.  I also needed to find out how far apart all our stopping points would be.  There are LOTS of miles to drive and lots of miles in between stops.  I think we are starting to pin down details. 

_______________________________________________________________________

     So today is really Monday.  Most of the day was occupied with sorting and packing.  I did have a fun new experience today.  BUT...that retelling will be for tomorrow.   

   One notable (actually two) development/s this afternoon was (is) a very painful, tight left elbow.  It started suddenly about 4PM.  I've heard of tennis elbow.  Is there such a thing as "computer elbow"?  I have no idea what brought it on.  I jerked my left arm badly in South Dakota, but that was 4 weeks ago.  Worse part is that I am left handed--armed, elbowed.  And there are LOTS of boxes to be packed.  Hopefully tomorrow it will be better.  Fortunately I already am scheduled for the chiropractor.  

    The other more upbeat notable episode was this evening's episode of departures!  In this one, which was actually their very first, my Canadian travelling boys transversed Canada from the east to the west--Atlantic Ocean to Pacific Ocean.  They drove through the Rockie Mountains, the ice fields and into the city of Vancouver, Canada.  It is all so beautiful that we have to drive that route as well on our trip.  It also showed that the highways are wide and passable.  (Some roads in the Colorado Rockies would be scary to drive, but this should be a breeze.)  I was excited to see where we will be travelling soon.  

    These have been 2 good "my time" days in the life of Grandma G.

     "Live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble."  (1 Peter 3:8)




      

No comments:

Post a Comment