Sunday, July 22, 2012

More Goodbyes...

  Today was another day of goodbyes, but also some good visiting.  I went to the church service in a town north of here to see pictures of a missions trip a young friend of mine went on.  She and her younger sister went to Laos.  
     While at the church service I met up with a lady whose children I had given lessons to a few years back.  I was happy to visit with her.
     I also said goodbye to other folks that I know.  
     Before I left that town I took a photo of a mural dedicated to our military personnel.  Painting murals on the sides of old buildings is an artistic expressions in these parts.

Though today was hot--90 degrees--I saw the first hint of autumn.  There were leaves starting to turn colors on 3 maple trees withing the 20 mile range.  No sooner does summer set in than it starts to leave again!

At my church we had a family fun day.  There were activities outside for the little ones and those wanting to play basketball in 90 degree weather.  We older folks sat inside the air conditioned building talking, eating and playing "Apples To Apples".  Later in the afternoon  4 different  musicians performed on an outdoor stage. Though all the fun lasted into the evening I came home in the late afternoon.  The day gave me a chance to get a few more signitures and notes in my autograph/memory book.    


     Here at home I struggled at the computer to set up cdbaby.  I need to have my IT man, Chuck, help me get it going.  
     I also Skyped with my friend, Steph, for the first time.  I am still trying to learn that as well.  We chatted for awhile, but we would keep getting disconnected.  I feel like I am communicating from a space ship whenever I Skype.  "Beam me up, Scotty."

    Tomorrow it is back to completing too many "end of an era" tasks that need to be finished.  Moving date is 3 weeks and 2 days from now!  OH, MY!

    This has been a good "goodbye/visiting" day in the life of Grandma G.

    "A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed." 
 (Proverbs 11:25)

   

No comments:

Post a Comment