Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Productive Day!

     Last night I resolved to get up before 8AM and go for a walk while the air was still cool.  I did get up around 8 but did not get walking right away.  I got engrossed with the computer.  After checking email and FB I scanned the websites for Banff, Canada. 
     Banff is THE destination of our upcoming 3 senior sisters--and a niece?--cross country road trip.  My youngest sister has long desired to visit there.  Another purpose of mine is that our dad wanted to retire in Canada but never made it.  We are going to pose on a mountain peak (or hill) and snap a photo in his memory.  Here's to Pop!!   Anyway, there are fun outdoor activities to do in the Canadian Rockies!
     I did receive an email from cdbaby stating they received my CD and that it will be ready for downloads in 5-7 days.  Sorry, folks.  Geoschmidt music should be ready to purchase in one more week! 


     I did go walking at 10:25.  The weather was perfect--in the high 70's and a cool breeze.  I took trusty camera along and got a few interesting pictures.  There is a tree that branches out from the ground in 6 major limbs.  Quite impressive.






     There were reminders of our city wide road construction.


 Kids were enjoying the St. Anthony's "Garden of Eat-un" while their moms were enjoying working the Garden of Eat-un. 




St. Anthony's elementary school is where both Louie and I attended school, our 7 kids attended school and now where 2 of our grand kids attend school.  The phrase on the front of the building has the old English that states, "Suffer the children to come unto me".  During our school years we thought we did a lot of "suffering". 


     This afternoon I determined to get 4 hours of sorting and packing done.  That I did, but also have discovered afternoon TV now that I am a stay at home in the afternoon person.  Fortunately the only program I like is Wind at My Back and it is just in time for lunch break!

       The gentleman who is going to rent this house after I leave stopped in for a walk through.  Seems it's a good indication that it is time for this renter to be moving on. 


     It is excruciating to sort and box "stuff".  There are so many books, pictures, albums, notebooks, frames, rocks. Which anticipated projects will actually become reality and which won't?  What do I haul out and what do I discard--and not regret it later on?   See the stack of notebooks?  In and out of the box?   I have been a note taker and journaler for years and years. The notebooks on the floor are now all empty pages since I tore out the used ones and collected them in the red binder.  The notebooks in the box are each 3/4 filled.  I have another stack in my bedroon dresser.  What does one do with all that?  All that insight written down.  I don't want to throw it all away.  Someday I may be grateful for all that insight. Sigh.  I wish I had just a little more insight to know what to do.  Until then, those notebooks are going with me.      

     "Hands" frames that had pictures of all the grand kids.  Pictures go along, frames stay behind.  
     Organizing the notebooks was a great project this evening while watching the final episode of Deadliest Catch.  Rough language, but rough job and good character study.

     This has been a good productive day in the life of Grandma G.

     "The sluggard craves and gets nothing, but the desires of the diligent are fully satisfied." (Proverbs 13:3)


      

No comments:

Post a Comment