Friday, July 27, 2012

Let the GAMES Begin!!

     Today is the start of the summer Olympics in London.  I am excited to watch the opening ceremonies this evening
                                                                   BUT!!!!!!
      I am more excited about something else! 


I SOLD MY FIRST DOWNLOAD ON CDBABY!!

     HURRAY!  YIPPEE!  GOOD SHOW!!  
WAY TO GO!!
              YOU DA MAN! (oops)  YOU DA LADY!! 

     Some day I hope to VISIT my FIRST internet FAN!!  
Where ever you are!

AND......

THE WIDGET IS HERE!!!

Check out the sound bites!  
Buy your favorite song/s or the CD.
Let your friends in on the secret of great, relaxing, fun music!!

     

     A little commercial!  
Changing of the Guard, Americana Style 
is just in time for ushering in and enjoying the Olympics from London!

         I have another CD, Healing Waters.  It is available by the CD.  Shortly it, too, will
be ready for downloads.  

         ** In order to see the widget your computer needs to equiped with Adobe player.  I apologize if the widget is not showing up for you.   You can still view, listen to, order or download music at
www.cdbaby.com.  The web site should come up when you click on this address.  Once there, type in Oh, the Places I've Been Georgia Schmidt or Healing Waters Georgia Schmidt.**

       _____________________________________________


     The bulk of this day was round 3 of a garage sale.  I dreaded getting up this morning, but once I got going it was OK.  There have not been many folks stopping.  Most of them are in Butternut, 6 miles north of here, enjoying Butternut Pioneer Days. Here up north the annual summer weekend festival is a big deal.  It's time to visit, party, go to craft shows and have a big parade.  Next weekend is ours---the 60th Flambeau Rama.  BE HERE.

    Anyway, the few customers that have come have made the effort worthwhile.  If not for money, a garage sale is a great social experience.  One gentleman told me he had a successful career as the artificial inseminator in the area.  Made good money and has lots of cows running around bearing his name.   Now his son has taken over the position.
    A lady sympathized with me for having a garage sale--told me she knows how hard it is to prepare for because she had one not long ago.
    One fellow bought my well used air purifier--bought it for $10---cost me around $300.  He is going to use it in his workshop when he runs his table saw.
   I sold a few pieces of furniture.  I did get to say goodbye to a dear friend.
  I filled out the day with a walk, then dinner with my sister-in-law.  She challenged me to a game of "Upwards".  We ended in a tie.  Need to have a play off. 
    Later in the evening was the opening ceremonies of the London Olympics.  Let the games begin!

     This has been a good "let the games begin" day in the life of Grandma G.

    "Lord, you establish peace for us; all that we have accomplished you have done for us." 
 (Isaiah 26:12) 

No comments:

Post a Comment