Saturday, July 21, 2012

Girls, they just wanna have fun.....










            Autumn came over again today to help with the porch sale.  After a bit she invited her friend, Bella, to come over and help.  And help they did... for about a half hour and until they found the face make up.  Then "help" was done.   They had a great time playing with the make up and posing with matching headpieces.   
          Soon they were "tired" and wanted to go home.  What they really wanted to do was walk through town in their make up and hats.  They were so excited to go I had to remind Autumn to take Pepe along.
         I found it quite amusing that as they were going out the front door a customer was walking in.  Pepe got the attention and not them.  It was as though the lady didn't even see they were made up.  Their look was one of surprise and jealousy of Pepe.
        I certainly didn't care that fun was on their mind and not help.  I had a lot of fun observing them and listening to their laughter.  I don' t know what their moms thought when they showed up at home.

     The sale itself was quite slow today.  A few people came in.  I sold a few items.  Mostly I visited with folks that I know and extended them a goodbye.  Louie was one of the "customers" and picked out a small Christmas tree to take to his house.  I gave him some items that belong to him or I wanted to return to the house. 
      I hoped to sell some of my new CDs, but people were in bargain mode and not "let's buy a new CD" mode.

      Speaking of my new CD, the cdbaby set up isn't ready yet.  Hopefully by Tuesday things will be set up to listen to sound bites and to buy online!!  WOO!  WOO! YEAH!  Hang in their a few days longer and I will be thrust into the cyber-buy age.  (Just a short commercial)

      Back to garage sales.  Maybe.  Since the porch is set up with stuff and I have more stuff to add and the paper owes me a free ad I will probably have another sale next weekend.  And hope to sell a bunch more stuff.  Stuff. Stuff. Stuff.
     One lesson and "moral of this story" I learned is that material "things" cost a lot to buy new and lose 90% of their value when one tries to resale them.  Lesson?  Moral?   When I am wanting to buy something, is it really worth what it cost?  Maybe better off without it right from the start?   Hope I learned that lesson.   I told somebody that I am NOT going to clutter up my house and life ever again.  That somebody doesn't think I can live up to that.  Hmmmm.

    This has been a good "second garage sale" day in the life of Grandma G.

    "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." (Romans 12:12)




       

No comments:

Post a Comment