Monday, July 9, 2012

Into the Trap....

     So many treasures, so many memories, so many collections, so many decorations, so many books, so many pictures,so many dishes and cups, O My,....how does a mature woman decide what to leave behind?

    My sons would love to decide for me

    I sorted through "stuff" a few hours on Saturday.  My VC house is rather small.  I'm not quite mentally organized yet or ready to "release" certain items.


     Unfortunately this is only one of 7 rooms full of stuff.  I lived in a large old house for over 30 years.  I try to visualize how wonderful I will feel to have life simple, orderly and clutter free.  I may suffer culture shock for a time.

__________________________________________________

     Sunday was mostly a quiet day.  It was good to get back to church service after being gone 3 weeks.  Folks are wondering when my actual move date is.  August 15.
     The afternoon was spent catching up on financial matters---or at least starting to.  There's a lot of overlapping with closing the store, setting up a household in VC, paying utilities and doctor bills here in PF, arranging the actual move and establishing a teaching studio.

    


 I took a little time to sit outside to enjoy the sun and the cooler summer temperatures.  One sight caught my eye--a plethora of entanglement.  An evergreen tree trying to grow between a metal "what is it" and the house, plenty of meters, a couple of rocks, wires all over.....and a hornets' nest.  Glad it's not my house. 








      Betty J and I went to vist and have dinner with my brother, Nick and his wife.  Sandy was eager to hear about my ventures in VC and South Dakota.  Nick will stare at me until it appears he has some memory of who I am and then grin real big.  I will visit with Nick and Sandy only a few times yet before I move. 

     Chuck called late in the evening.  I had called him about the white shading that was showing up in the blog.  He found the problem without much hassle and told me how to remedy it.  I asked him if I should be worried about the doomsday computer virus that was threatening at midnight.  He wasn't concerned so I wouldn't be either. 
     We (he) spent time figuring out a web address for my Grandma G's Studio. Yeah!  It will be showing up in Google, Yahoo and Bing in a few days.  Check it out!  Sign up for lessons!  Tell you friends!  Help me with an income! 
     Thanks, Chuck, for all your help!  I literally couldn't do this without you!

     I asked if he had talked with Dan and Mariann, friends who live in Colorado Springs in the area affected by the forest fires. He had, and their story is both happy and grieving.  (Dan and Mariann had become Chuck's "dad and mom" while he was stationed there with the air force.)
    Their house and the ones to each side of them were intact.  The 5 houses across the street were completely burned. One couple lost their lives---the wife couldn't leave because of medical conditions and the husband was not going to leave her. They knew the couple.  Mariann cried as she related this to Chuck.

_________________________________________________

    Monday brought us relief from the sweltering heat.  Today was what northern Wisconsin summer is suppose to be---warm sun with a hint of cool in the breeze.
   

 I continued on with sorting out financial issues (still not caught up).  I needed to copy some forms, so set up a make shift office---just need to be careful not to trip over the dangling power cord.  I concentrated really well for a few hours and then needed to get outside for a quiet walk. 


Oops!!  They ain't going to be anymore--not on my usual route--the road construction crew has taken over.  This street will be the "main drag" for the next three months.  I'm out of here long before that.
  



    Deciding to walk a different route, I came upon two girls going towards town.  It reminded me of 25 years ago when Angie ran for Flambeau Rama Queen. (Notice the white sash across the one girl?) FR is the big annual town celebration the first weekend of August  One gets to be queen by selling more raffle tickets than the other girls.  Angie became queen that year, thanks in part to her dad's relentless selling campaign.  And Angie is (was) a heck of a nice girl.



      Today was my sister, Kate's, distinguished 70 B-day!!  I think 70 is a B-day to be proud of.
It stands for accomplishment, experience, endurance, wisdom, achievement and strength! 

       Happy 70 B-day, Kate!!
Kate, Betty, Georgia
Members of the "3 senior sisters cross country road trip" team.
                                                                                              

    This has been a good 3 "catching up" days in the life of Grandma G.

"Honor the Lord with your wealth, and the first fruits of all your crops; then your barns will be filled to overflowing and your vats will brim over with new wine."  (Proverbs 3:9)

No comments:

Post a Comment