Thursday, July 12, 2012

Long Day in the Home Studio.....

      Oh, for cold water tossed into my face!!  I just read a computer entry about a couple in New York city living in a 250 sq. ft apartment---and liking it and being tidy and non-cluttered. My, oh my!
       I will think of them as I am trying to clean out and downsize.  They are my inspiration.  My, oh, my! 

      I have to think backwards and downsize from large, to medium
to small house.

      That reminds me of the tourist who was visiting the grave of Beethoven.   As he and the guide were walking around the cemetary the tourist kept hearing music played backwards until the sound drifted off to nothing.  He stops the guide and says, "Listen, do you hear that?"  "Oh", says the guide, "that's just Beethoven decomposing".    That must have been a hundred years ago, because he is probably done by now.



     I ventured into new territory today!  Well, not completely new.  I programed my "Places" CD with cdbaby--an online distributor.  I had already registered my first CD, Healing Waters, with them a few years back.  It has been sitting there hibernating.  
     What is new now is signing up for single downloads along with CD sales.  I just kept clicking tabs, signing agreements, figuring out costs and clicked on "purchase".  This is a new world of "click, click" to me.  Folks can go in and click on sound bites and click to  eagerly buy my music!  Yeah!
     This all sounds simple and quick and for some it might be.  Not for me.  I have blisters on my keester from sitting most of the day: a kink in the neck; blurry vision and fussy thoughts.   It is very satisfying, though, to have plowed through new ground and exciting to think of new adventures in the music world.
     I thought the day was going to be for local distribution and getting an article in the paper.  Hopefully that will happen tomorrow.

      I did get out for a walk in the wonderful summer sunshine and sweet chamomile aroma.  I happened upon a not so friendly squirrel, but I guess that's the way they are suppose to be. 
     And walked by one of the most flowery yards in Park Falls.  They also boast a great veggie garden.
     I do miss working in a garden.  We had one almost every summer when the kids where young. 












        Upon returning home I watched an episode of Star Trek while I stretched for 40 minutes.  Today was special---it was an episode I hadn't seen before.  
       Watching Dr. Quinn while eating dinner extended my "break" time from computer work.  

        While I am typing there is a pesky tiny fruit fly flying around.
Did you know that time flies like an arrow and that fruit flies like a banana? 
Here's to not many "long day in the home studio" days!!

        Today there was no sorting or cleaning---except for doing the dishes. 

     This has been a good "long day in the home studio" in the life of Grandma G.

       "All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty."  (Proverbs 14:23) 


No comments:

Post a Comment